Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channel line up changes

Contributor

Channel line up changes

I seen a message today about an up coming channel line up change?

Message 1 of 32
ACE - Expert

Re: Channel line up changes

Haven't heard of a lineup change to the packages. What is the exact message and where did you see it?

There are two possibilities right now. You may have seen a scrawl/scare message from a local channel about them going dark. If so, all that means is that they are going through negotiations for their next agreement with DirecTV. You can check for any negotiations that may affect your area: https://tvpromise.att.com/

The other possibility is DirecTV has started their MPEG-2 (SD only) shutdown. This means people with very old equipment will need to swap out before the boxes and receiving dish can no longer work. To see if this affects you, what are the models of every box you have?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 32
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Moderator (Moderator)
Accepted by ATTCommunityTeam
‎04-16-2019 1:36 PM

It was a message sent to the DTV receivers states beginning May 14 programing changes will occur. Log in a att.com/tvchannelupdates for more info.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 32
ACE - Expert

@shannon02 wrote:

It was a message sent to the DTV receivers states beginning May 14 programing changes will occur. Log in a att.com/tvchannelupdates for more info.

Interesting. Mostly good changes for the viewer it seems. Though there is more info to come on at least one channel.

Message 4 of 32
ACE - Expert

Probably only a problem for people with a package that will lose Nick Jr.

Message 5 of 32
Tutor

So disgusted with AT&T - in typical fashion, the URL they provided returns a long list of AT&T references  with no specific finding for information on this change.  I even found a link with the channel line up reference, which took me to this forum where....wait for it...the same URL is referenced.  I’d love to get an exact location of where I can find the details- anyone else having this issue?  If not, please post the link you’re using and I’ll give that a try.  I’ve checked my spelling multiple times.  

DIRECTV use to be fantastic in quality and service.  As a customer since 1994 - So sad to see it go.

Message 6 of 32
Tutor

Anyone have a URL that actually works?  I just end up in a loop between the forum and a list of search results.  

ATT ruined DIRECTV. Been a customer since 1994, and this type of thing has become typical of ATT poor service and lack of loyal customer appreciation.

Message 7 of 32
Tutor

I'm having the same problem. Been with DirecTV for same amount of time, even bought my equipment from a WalMart. Only had to pay for package. ATT took over, they changed all my equipment and now I have to pay to use their equipment plus pay for the package. If something goes wrong with THEIR equipment or they cause the problem, they want to charge a service fee or the customer needs to pay for a monthly service protection fee. When I try the att/tvchannelupdate I finally got this forum and still don't have an answer to what my lineup will be or if they plan to charge me more for anything I have. Where we live, we have no choice in providers

Message 8 of 32
Tutor

Thank you, your link help me to finally find what I was looking for

Message 9 of 32
ACE - Expert

The information can be found here:

https://www.att.com/tvchannelupdates/

Message 10 of 32
Tutor

Thanks Gramma2 - so frustrating.  We may dump the service (using that word loosely) and go with an HD antenna and add Hulu.  ATT won’t even review any of my loyalty discounts.  I have to call every month and threaten to leave - then they’ll give me a one-time credit - repeating process every month.  We use to recommend DIRECTV to everyone - not anymore.  

Message 11 of 32
ACE - Expert

@Gramma2  DTV has always had the same policy in regards to replacing defective receivers $20 for shipping covered if you have the protection plan since DTV went to the lease only in 2006, AT&T had nothing to do with it. 

Message 12 of 32
ACE - Expert

@Gramma2 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Been with DirecTV for same amount of time, even bought my equipment from a WalMart. Only had to pay for package. ATT took over, they changed all my equipment and now I have to pay to use their equipment plus pay for the package. If something goes wrong with THEIR equipment or they cause the problem, they want to charge a service fee or the customer needs to pay for a monthly service protection fee. When I try the att/tvchannelupdate I finally got this forum and still don't have an answer to what my lineup will be or if they plan to charge me more for anything I have. Where we live, we have no choice in providers

Regardless of boxes being owned (no longer an option) or leased, the monthly cost is the same. If you changed what level of boxes (SD to HD, or basic receiver to DVR, etc.) then of course you add monthly charges as your account gets additional services. If you replace boxes that are like for like, even if not exact same model number but same level of receiver (i.e. HR23 to HR24) then there is no difference for monthly cost as the services and number of TVs on the account remains the same.

Most of the equipment is no longer theirs upon install. All that belongs to DirecTV are the receiver/client boxes. Everything else (cabling, receiving dish, adapters, HDMI cables, CCK, WVB, etc.) are customer owned. Warranty of replacement box is just $19.95 delivery. If a tech goes out on a service call it is $99 as that issue is not just the leased box, but the owned equipment.

Delivery of box, service calls, and remote replacements are covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan. Personally I find the one-time costs cheaper over the years as I don't need such repairs and replacements often enough to make the protection plan worth. I have known people who prefer the protection plan because the cost is already in their budget as they pay it every month, even if it is more in the long run.

Message 13 of 32
Employee

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 32
Contributor

Message 15 of 32
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support