Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can you add channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Can you add channels

I have select plan  but I am supposed to get cw channel.and I expressed that I wanted the travel channel.when I ordered my plan. I don't have either one  the can am supposed to get I don't also the channels like oxygen  is in white like I get it but I can't so my question can I add those channels without changing my plan

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Waprilsky
‎10-08-2017 7:30 PM

Re: Can you add channels

You'll have to upgrade to a package that includes those channels.  No way to just add one or two to your Select Plan. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Can you add channels

Channels are arranged by package tiers by the most part, not al-a-carte. Channel owners force TV providers to get the networks in packs, so they in turn have to offer them in similar packages.

Here is where you can browse most of the packages Select and above: https://support.directv.com/dtv-programming/360

Family package that is below Select, but swaps some channels for others in the "family" genre idea: https://support.directv.com/dtv-programming/3245

Preferred Xtra unfortunately still has no listed channel lineup. Similar to Xtra, but swaps many sport channels for others (Chiller, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Boomerang...)

Locals (like CW) are based of if they are in your designated market area (DMA) per Federal regulations and if Directv has permission for that one in the first place: www.directv.com/locals

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support