Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Camping in another location than my home address

Highlighted
Contributor

Camping in another location than my home address

When we go camping in our RV we do not pick up local cable channels like CBS correctly. Is there a way that refresh the channels to pick this channel up correctly when we leave our local address? The listing has it but when you choose that channel it actually is something different 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-14-2018 2:36 PM

Re: Camping in another location than my home address

No.  Once you travel outside your home city you can no longer receive those local stations.  

You might be able to call DirecTV to temporarily change your "service address" to your new location, then you'll receive some of the local channels for your nearby city.  But they've become less willing to do this.  They want you to subscribe to their separate "Travelers Package", which is specifically for RVers.  With that package you get either the New York or Los Angeles stations, depending on where you're located.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support