Explore & discover

Helpful Links

C61K-700 Audio Droputs

Contributor

C61K-700 Audio Droputs

We have (2) of the C61K-700 installed in different parts of the home and each experience audio dropouts.  Each are connect to a Pioneer Elite AVR and be have tried optical audio as well as HDMI.  Further, we have tried all flavors of audio from the C61K receiver such as PCM, Dolby DIGITAL etc.  IN all cases, we get intermittent audio dropouts on both Live and recorded segments.  

DirecTV tech comes in, connects a HDMI from box to TV directly, hears no audio dropouts, and declares it a 3 party issue...

Help!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: C61K-700 Audio Droputs

From a DirecTV perspective, he's sort of correct. Looks like the AVR is the weak link in your chain. But in reality, it's just part of being an early adopter. When HDMI first appeared we had this sort of issue for at least a year, and with HDCP we still do.

Run the HDMI video direct to the TV and run optical audio to the AVR.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

I have the same issue with the C61K-700 BUT I have HDMI from the DVR to the TV and digital optical out to the AVR. Any ideas? No other components experience drop out. I have a 4k blu-ray HDMI to TV and optical out to AVR and run smart TV optical to AVR. Only DTV has the issue.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Employee

LG TV 70UJ6570

DTV DVR C61K-700

LG DVD UP970

Sony AV Recv STR-DH770

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

issue is known, its been around for a while

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Employee

No ETR?

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

not that i have heard about.

but with all the other complaints for the new ui, i am sure its being worked on

just another reason they need a real 4k receiver

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support