Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIn Sports

Teacher

BeIn Sports

Since DirecTV is no longer broadcasting BEIN Sports, this look to me, a violation of the contract terms.  I should be able to brake that contract without a penalty and ask for some kind of compensation. One of main reasons I selected DirecTV, was the content of BEIN Sports Channel.  I understand that Money it is MORE important then offer a quality service to their customers. We All should be compensated somehow for your Lack of Ethics.

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Master

Re: BeIn Sports

your contract states that stations are subject to change

you really think they would not cover that?

fyi - every provider has this clause

you should contact bein, ask them why they think they are worth so much money.

after all comcast dropped them too, as did fios and uverse

see the pattern?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20
ACE - Expert

No TV provider can force a channel to stay. This is one of the reasons that the terms of service state that programming is subject to change.

So there is no violation of your contact.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 20
Teacher

It may not be "Legally" a violation but that's how WE, as customers feel
about this situation. I know this Big Monopolies are all covered by the
"Law"
Message 4 of 20
ACE - Expert

Since beIN owns the broadcast rights, only they can choose to restore the feed or not. Complain to them.

Channels come and go, sometimes when they go out of business. This channel is not shut down, but is carried by less providers then it used to.

You may not like the situation, but the rules apply to everyone, including you.

Message 5 of 20
Teacher

Of course! I do Not like it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. My contract
was with DirecTV not with BeIn. DirecTv has to solve their customers
issues, not their vendors or however the call them
Message 6 of 20
ACE - Master

@jesus18 wrote:
Of course! I do Not like it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. My contract
was with DirecTV not with BeIn. DirecTv has to solve their customers
issues, not their vendors or however the call them

and your contract states thats channels are subject to change

every provider has this in the contract

these disputes are becoming more and more common as providers try to keep costs down to help keep subs from leaving.

costs go up  - people complain and leave

channels disappear -people complain and leave

the only true solution is one channels do now want.  its called a-la-carte

why dont they want it? because 70% or more of the channels would have to close down due to lack of subscribers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 7 of 20
Teacher

Yes. I've switched companies, at least 4 times. But why they can afford to
offer a "special price" for one year, to New customers and then prices get
an outrageous increases with No option to special offers, even if is a 10
year customer. From $50 a month to $200 and up, a month! That's not very
helpful for me as a Customer.
They just care about #$#$#$ not customers.
Message 8 of 20
ACE - Expert

Since the amount of existing customers should far exceede new customers coming in, it is only affordable to give the intro price one-time when people coming in. They have to pay the channel owners a lot of money to carry them, and it keeps going up with these negotiations. So the intro price is not sustainable by the company, so it is a one-time perk, just like with most other companies.

Message 9 of 20
ACE - Expert

You are getting a discount for 1 year as a new customer then it returns to the full price so it is not a price increase but the price you would have been paying.

Message 10 of 20
Teacher

Look like the increases % is Way BIGGER then the discounts in that first
year
Message 11 of 20
ACE - Expert

But it is still the price you would have been paying without the discount.

Message 12 of 20
ACE - Expert

In addition to the intro discounts after only for 1 year (clearly shown on order confirmation and each bill), there has been a price adjustment each year for the last few years. Price adjustment results from channels increasing their costs. So if DirecTV has to pay more for programming, then our bill  goes up as well. Here is the most recent one for reference: www.directv.com/2018pricing

Message 13 of 20
Teacher

Anyway, I'll be switching companies every year and try to take care of my
money as they do. I will never be a happy customer for them until something
new.
Message 14 of 20
ACE - Expert

Switching companies every year? Pay TV costs a lot, because of paying the channel owners to carry them, hence the regular price. If you cannot afford it without discounts, you cannot afford it.

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support