Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN sports channel removed.

Highlighted

BeIN sports channel removed.

I just got directv, i had to cancel dish and paid 300 dlls for cancellation. I don’t mind to cancel directv service if BeIN sports is not coming back. I don’t want to loose my favorites sports.

Message 1 of 24
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN sports channel removed.

Right. Several posts here about this.  It's not just DirecTV.  BeIN wants more money, and several providers have dropped them, including DirecTV, UVerse, and Comcast.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 24
ACE - Expert

See also this recent article about BeIN's troubles ....

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/08/29/bein-sports-danger-dropped-directv-u-verse/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 24
ACE - Expert

@antoniocazares

Contract negotiations as happens with every provider. The channel beIN sports however seems to be carried by less providers, so the channel itself appears to be having issues of its own.

If you just got DirecTV then you would have an early cancellation fee (ECF) valued at $20 for each month remaining. So for example if you have 20 months left of your 24 month agreement, that would be $400 ECF on top of your final bill. After just paying a $300 ECF with Dish, that seems not to be worth it. Up to you if the channel is worth the $700 ECFs between the two providers (Dish and DirecTV).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 4 of 24
ACE - Master

bein must be asking too much money

they have been dropped by comcast and fios, now directv

they are running out of carriers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 5 of 24
Teacher

They are still with FIOS

Message 6 of 24
Teacher

Is this your solution to the issue?!! Cancellation Fees!!!

I got DirecTV because of BeIN Sport 6 month ago, and now you drop it from your channel list and ask me to commit to my contact with you, but you are NOT??!!!

Message 7 of 24
ACE - Master

@nawras_20 wrote:

They are still with FIOS

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/08/02/verizon-fios-removes-bein-sports-programming/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 24
Teacher

Message 9 of 24
ACE - Expert

@nawras_20 wrote:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/09/04/bein-sports-will-not-bullied-us-media-giants-says-exec/

Don't bring dated news!!!

How is this "dated news"???  Be sure to also read the comments after the article.  Whether you agree with BeIN's or the service providers' perspective, BeIN has backed themselves into a corner and risk being locked out of the US market.  You can't put the blame solely on DirecTV, UVerse, Comcast, etc.

Message 10 of 24
ACE - Expert

@nawras_20 wrote:

Is this your solution to the issue?!! Cancellation Fees!!!

I got DirecTV because of BeIN Sport 6 month ago, and now you drop it from your channel list and ask me to commit to my contact with you, but you are NOT??!!!

DirecTV is committing to their service agreement. It is in their terms of service that channels and programming are subject to change, which is the same as other TV providers. They do not own the channels. No TV provider can guarantee that you will have specific channels for the length of your service agreement, as you getting service doesn't change when their agreement with the networks come up and they have to renegotiate. So sometimes channels play hard ball to get more money by raising the bill so they hold their channel away, as is the channel's owners rights.

Regardless if channel holds out during negotiations, they don't come to a new agreement, or even if a channel shuts down completely where they no longer exist (Chiller and Cloo recent examples), it does not violate your service agreement.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 24
Contributor

I pay a boatload each month!  I only need a few channels.  I can think of at least 3 dozen channels you can cancel to save money and bring back BeIn Sports.  I need LeLiga! 

Message 12 of 24
ACE - Master

@TK_DC82 wrote:

I pay a boatload each month!  I only need a few channels.  I can think of at least 3 dozen channels you can cancel to save money and bring back BeIn Sports.  I need LeLiga! 

those 3 dozen channels that you dont care about are different for everyone.

@i have @ 100 channels they could drop to lower my cost.  and bein is one of them

never watched it, therefore not needed

Message 13 of 24
ACE - Expert

@TK_DC82 wrote:

That's a rather selfish perspective.  Different customers value different channels differently.  If BeIN were an a la cart channel, then the folks that want it could pay separately for it.  But BeIN doesn't want that because they know few customers would subscribe.  That's the main impasse between BeIN and DirecTV, in my opinion.

Message 14 of 24
Tutor

So you don't care about soccer, therefore you are apathetic to the arguments being made by fans of Bein Sports. All BEIN is asking for is the same status as NBC Sports Network and FSN, fan access to its channel(s) without having to upgrade to more expensive packages. Explain why tens of millions of soccer fans should have to pay more than the fans of almost every other team sport to watch our favorite teams. I've had DirectV for over 10 years, but maybe it's time to make the switch.

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support