Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

You missed the part in the contract that states that channels and programing can be changed at anytime, DTV only rebroadcasts the channels they don't own them.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 297
ACE - Professor

@sunpacy

From what I can see, commercial rights holders for a sport make the deals with broadcasters in a given region.  With European football, serie A moved from bein to ESPN. Maybe in a few years it might go to Fox. It's hard to keep up. Sometimes it works to our advantage and other times not. Keeping in mind years ago we had no option to watch.  I'm unsure what the long term will bring. Perhaps a dedicated streaming service like Fubo might take over. This would fall more inline with core cutter.

ATM, Uverse seems okay to carry BEIN, but only included by default in their most expensive package.

BEIN also runs the risk of becoming an a-la-carte channel like goltv. It's probably too precarious given how leagues value themselves. So if your cable provider doesn't offer a channel such as BEIN, subscribing to a specialized streaming service like FuboTV may be the way to go.

A note for those unfamiliar with BEIN. Their service actually provides 11 streaming channels. This gives them the ability to stream all games at once for say the French ligue 1. Kinda handy if you're hardcore into that league.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 297
ACE - Expert

The full quote was "The only sarcasm that came about is I am always annoyed by those who are so entitled they want their channel back now, even if it means causing everybody's bill to further increase. "

I have no problem with people wanting the channel back as quick as possible. The issue is when they want it at the expense of everybody else by another factor for a bill increase. And I never implied someone else was responsible for the sarcasm I showed.

If DirecTV were to just accept beIN Sports higher asking price to get the channel back now, that would add in to any inevitable bill increase. I like many others would prefer DirecTV successfully negotiate reasonable cost preferably no more than already being paid, even if takes a bit longer at the negotiating table, so that it does not affect our bills.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 33 of 297
Contributor

I’ve been with DTV since March 1995 and I’ve seen lots of negotiations like this one.  Each time I always feel the same way when it’s a channel I watch —peeved that they didn’t warn or ask any of us, and I miss my game I was planning to watch.

I finally have high speed internet at home, so now I have other options than DTV.  There are at least 80 channels of pure CRAP in my package that they could cut off and I would literally never know or care.  But not negotiating to keep the channel with the top soccer leagues in my package is a deal breaker.  

Sling TV is looking pretty good, only $25/month I think, plus add a few more bucks for other streaming services.  

Message 34 of 297
ACE - Master

@Oldtimerdtv wrote:

I’ve been with DTV since March 1995 and I’ve seen lots of negotiations like this one.  Each time I always feel the same way when it’s a channel I watch —peeved that they didn’t warn or ask any of us, and I miss my game I was planning to watch.

I finally have high speed internet at home, so now I have other options than DTV.  There are at least 80 channels of pure CRAP in my package that they could cut off and I would literally never know or care.  But not negotiating to keep the channel with the top soccer leagues in my package is a deal breaker.  

Sling TV is looking pretty good, only $25/month I think, plus add a few more bucks for other streaming services.  

the issue is that everyone has a different definition of 'pure crap' and stations they dont watch

bein falls into this for me.  

it may no just be the cost.  bein may want in more packages also.

we dont know, because we are not allowed to be told.

the simple solution is directv carries bein, at whatever cost, as a an add on station.

you can pay $10 for ir. i dont have to

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 35 of 297
Scholar

"And I never implied someone else was responsible for the sarcasm I showed."

You did and you do when justify why you use sarcasm to 
answer,  you do because PEOPLE WHO WANT THE CHANNELS BACK NOW AND THAT ANNOYED YOU, You choose sarcasm to answer and the only one responsible for that is you and only you. You can answer in another way but you choose sarcasm and you shouldn't. The rest in this story is anecdotic if people is un tolerant, or inpatient or is right o wrong how you choose to answer is your choice, and will be too much of on top of if you also  would implied someone else is responsible , because one is no worse that do not mean one is not bad. But this forum is about Directv and their business practices, is not Psychology therapy but I read you twice and you are all cute treating people like they are not very smart and I wonder who this member believe it is? learn how to behave on line is easy treat people bad behind a computer screen, one rule to know do not treat people on line if you are not willing to treat them the same way in person. When someone annoy me me I look away and leave and avoid conflict on line I do the same.

Then you said: 
If DirecTV were to just accept beIN Sports higher asking price to get the channel back now, that would add in to any inevitable bill increase.

No necessarily, is another option, DirectV  already make a lot of money they just decide make less because already we pay a lot. I have a business my cost constantly increase and I don't pass that to my customers I  increase my prices to my customers every three o four years when I got the limit I can't afford any longer the cost increase then is when I pass it to my customers. 
Good luck to you

Message 36 of 297
Contributor

I'm sad for this news with Bein sports La Liga..is a shame. I will not sta with Direct Tv & ATT companies

As soon as I can will stop my membership. 

Message 37 of 297

I don't see how a link to directvpromise.com can sensibly be marked as a solution to the original post.  It provides no useful information.

Message 38 of 297

mdram4x4 writes:  "call bein sports, tell them to not up thier rate.  i dont want a price increase for some channel i dont watch.  channel greed is getting out of hand"

beIN Sports is part of the Sports Pack.  Unless you have the Sports Pack, you're not paying anything for it, and wouldn't pay anything for it.  Meanwhile, the price on the Sports Pack has been pretty much the same since I became a DirecTV customer 12 years ago, even though DirecTV keeps dropping more and more content from it (such as full access to all the regional FSNs and CSNs, which we used to have).  You've got a lot of work to do to successfully claim DirecTV as the wounded party here.

Message 39 of 297

litzdog911 wrote:  "You won't find BeIN on Comcast or FIOS, either."

Huh.  Verizon told me FiOS has it, and their website indicates they still have it.

EDIT:  But I checked further, and they don't.

Message 40 of 297

If I can't do it with DirecTV, I'll do it with someone else and punt on DirecTV.  Otherwise, why have a TV?

I've been with DirecTV for 16 years, even as multiple things I used to watch on DTV got dropped, until it was pretty much just watching La Liga that kept me with DirecTV.  Now, DirecTV has dropped its La Liga provider.  For me, sticking with DirecTV at this point isn't too different from not having a TV provider at all.  Couple that with other providers being cheaper, and there's not much of an argument for staying.

Message 41 of 297
ACE - Expert

@sunpacy

Sorry, no. I did not imply anyone else was responsible. I simply said what annoys me that resulted in my statement, not that I wasn't the one who chose to make the statement in the first place. 

Prices have gone up over the years. Look at the annual price adjustments. DirecTV as a business could not just absorb each and ever cost increase. So it gets passed on to the customer at some point. Just because the Sports Pack has remained the same price, doesn't mean that the cost couldn't increase or that DirecTV will pull the cost from other increases. Sure they get paid a lot, but their operating costs are high in the first place with maintaining their own infrastructure and paying each channel a lot of money to be carried in the first place. I wouldn't expect them to operate at the same cost vs expense threshold that your business does. You may only have a price increase every few years, but DirecTV and other providers have had it every year for the past few years. Didn't used to be that way, but channel's are requiring more and more money to be carried. That is the reality as much as we don't like it.

Like I said, I have no problem that you enjoy the channel and want it back quick as there is nothing wrong with that. I only have a problem with those who feel they should have it back now by having other customers pay more for it. Most of us do not want further cause for higher bills, but if DirecTV and other TV providers just cave in to the channel's demands that is what will happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 42 of 297

@Juniper:  where can I find the information for how much beIN has charged DirecTV for each year over the last several years, as well as how much they want to charge DirecTV going forward from now?

Thanks in advance.

Message 43 of 297
ACE - Expert

@BootsyCollins wrote:

If I can't do it with DirecTV, I'll do it with someone else and punt on DirecTV.  Otherwise, why have a TV?

I've been with DirecTV for 16 years, even as multiple things I used to watch on DTV got dropped, until it was pretty much just watching La Liga that kept me with DirecTV.  Now, DirecTV has dropped its La Liga provider.  For me, sticking with DirecTV at this point isn't too different from not having a TV provider at all.  Couple that with other providers being cheaper, and there's not much of an argument for staying.

Did you read this article ....

http://awfulannouncing.com/soccer/att-u-verse-directv-latest-to-drop-bein-sports.html

It's not just DirecTV that dropped BeIN.  This network is digging its own grave by being too greedy.

Message 44 of 297
ACE - Expert

@BootsyCollins wrote:

@Juniper:  where can I find the information for how much beIN has charged DirecTV for each year over the last several years, as well as how much they want to charge DirecTV going forward from now?

Thanks in advance.

You won't find that information anywhere, especially during an on-going contract discussion.

Message 45 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support