Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

DTV doesn't care who owns them, they can't carry the channel until they return the signal.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 297

Well, I guess we will be dumping Direct TV. We only wantch Telemundo and Bein sports, either one of them gone means DTV goes to the chopping block...

Message 17 of 297
ACE - Expert

Many of the cable providers are dumping this channel, i think they are asking for too much money

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 297
ACE - Expert

@TexasBrit found a great article here ....

http://awfulannouncing.com/soccer/att-u-verse-directv-latest-to-drop-bein-sports.html

You won't find BeIN on Comcast or FIOS, either.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 19 of 297
ACE - Expert

@Crisoo1992

Well if you only watch 2 channels at all, than I would say pay TV is not for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 20 of 297
ACE - Professor

Things always seem to be in a state of flux. I once thought beIN was a staple in my channel lineup but now is just like 8-track tape. Once MotoGP is done, I won’t be bothered about the channel. Shame really. 

Now have to deal with the likes of Espn, who sadly have hidden content behind yet another subscription service.  

Message 21 of 297
ACE - Expert

ESPN is not a local channel so like others is from pay TV of course. Though I do see many people are confused about the ESPN options on DirecTV, so I will reference them just in case.

ESPN, ESPN2: Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Preferred Xtra, Ultimate, Premier

ESPNU, ESPNews: Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier

ESPN Classic: Sports Pack

Message 22 of 297
ACE - Professor

Hello @Juniper

I and another person are referring to a new streaming service branded as ESPN+.  

AFAIK, this content is NOT accessible via standard cable subscription packages. 

Message 23 of 297
ACE - Expert

Gotcha.

Message 24 of 297
Scholar

Juniper (ACE - Expert) seems to me that you like to be sarcastic with your answers

Message 25 of 297

@Juniper We are a 2 males 1 female, all "millenials" in my household, so we just watch Netflix and YouTube for entertainment. But we love La Liga and Telemundo shows, so we got DTV to have it all in one place. Internet, La Liga and Telemundo, ocasionally Discovery Channel... Is annoying to have to sign-up for 100 plus channels packages just to get a couple that you want, to then have AT&T cheap out on them on top of that...

Message 26 of 297
ACE - Expert

Pay TV's whole design is about a variety of channels. Yes it would be better for us the customer if we could do more of an al-a-carte to get the preferred channels we want. However, channel owners package their channels to the TV providers to begin with so that is how it works. Realistically only subscribing to a couple channels would kill the businesses as the cost of satellite TV is not cheap (satellites in orbit, physical boxes produced and maintained, etc.).

Streaming services avoid a lot of that cost because they rely on your internet, so another company to delivery their service. I agree that streaming is a great option for some, but not for everybody as not all of us have access to good enough internet (if internet at all) to support streaming for our household on top of everything else we use internet for.

These are the options and we watch what we enjoy, regardless of being a "millennial" or not, no matter what gender we are.

The only sarcasm that came about is I am always annoyed by those who are so entitled they want their channel back now, even if it means causing everybody's bill to further increase. That is why to them I say offer to pay the channel owner for those of us that don't. The thought being, once it is your money then you don't want to just give it up frivolously. Personally I am ok with negotiations taking a while if it means preventing, or at least reducing, any future bill increases. The channel owners continue wanting more money. TV providers have to get the money for that added cost somewhere, if they cave in to the channel's demands.

Message 27 of 297
Scholar

Here is a dispute and they are all against BeIN Sport a channel from Qatar that has the rights of the Spanish League and until last season also the Serie A (Italian soccer) in the USA 5 years ago soccer on TV wasn't as popular as is today and this Qatar channel has the rights until 2019 of Spaniard leage the most seen soccer league in the world until last year the two most popular soccer players in the world Messi and Ronaldo where under the umbrella of BeIN Sports unacceptable for the big networks, now the big sports networks realize that this network from Qatar has the most popular league soccer under contract. What is happening is a conspiracy, the cable companies are dropping the channel of their line up forcing the channel to fold or go under BeIN Sports  to save it self for bankruptcy probably have to sell the rights of La Liga to another more powerful network ESPN or Fox or NBCSN or TNT. Two things can happen BeIN Sport holds the license and win the battle or BeIN Sport fold and sell the rights to some other sport network but in the conspiracy are everyone involve the sports networks and the cable and satellite companies all against BeIN Sports. This was coming when BeIN Sports couldn't renewal the contract with Serie A Italian league now that Ronaldo move to Italian League broadcast that league will more popular in the US.
Serie A saw the conspiracy against BeIN Sports and didn't want to extend the contract and gave it to ESPN+ which is not even in cable is by 
subscription. This is VULTURES PRACTICE 101

Message 28 of 297
Scholar

If we the consumer allow this to happen I tell you what will happen next Watch Barcelona or Real Madrid or Juventus will be PP View $39.99 per game as it was Qualification rounds for the world cup before BeIN Sports bought those rights and we could watch it via cable. Before BeIN sport had the rights of the commebol qualification rounds for WC you have to go to a bar to watch Brazil VS Argentina play or pay $39.99per game on DirecTV.

Message 29 of 297
Scholar

"The only sarcasm that came about is I am always annoyed by those who are so entitled they want their channel back now,"

Two things if you are annoyed is you problem no one else so the Sarcasm technique is up to you to use it or not no one else is responsible for it, and yes i am entitle to demand my channel back now I pay $230 dollar monthly for DirecTV, I had an agreement with Direct TV they promise me certain channel that I am interested,  they packaged the channels in a way that I have to pay a lot for a package that I only watch one channel from that package and I am willing to pay them and take all the other garbage they give to me Church channels, informercial channels etc so when they unilaterally don't tell me that they decided to charge exactly the same monthly fee  for less channels I feel entitle to complain and yes I already pay them for those channels that don't display any longer in my TV and the games are being play now I lost those games and I paid for it so off course I am entitle to demand my channels back on tv now, even if that annoy you

Message 30 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support