Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

"No arrogance or sarcasm intended.  I meant that comment sincerely.  You've done lots of research about alternate providers that still carry BeIN.  I'm just pointing out that folks need to research any new providers carefully.  

Because I have no way to probe if you meant to be sarcastic with your comment they only I have left todo is apologize for my comment

Message 286 of 297
ACE - Expert

BeIN has been dropped by some providers. Some might keep it for a bit longer. Point being made is that all TV providers go through the negotiations. Sometimes the channel holds out for more revenue (higher cost in existing options, adding to more options forcing cost to be spread out other customers whether they watch it or not, etc), resulting in the channel staying off for a while.

DirecTV has no requirement that they must keep beIN. Certainly they would like to keep them, but that requires agreement from both DirecTV and beIN. If you wish to change providers and try your luck for how long they might still have the channel (even if with a confirmed 3yr deal for a specific provider), that is up to you if you cannot live without the channel and must start bouncing between providers to keep it.

Those of us with the "ACE" tag are not here to protect DirecTV's interests. We do NOT work for them. We are customers here helping each other out. Sometimes our views and opinions may not be well received, but they are our own and not DirecTV's. I have absolutely no problem if you cancel service and go somewhere else to get beIN. If that is what you must do, so be it. If you only have the Sports Pack for beIN, then remove it when you cannot get the channel. DirecTV does allow you to change your package and any of the add on packs at any time. Only if you add a premium pack (or raise to the Premier package that includes all the premium packs) do they ask you to keep it for at least 30 days to avoid the early removal fee. Beyond that, do what you like.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 287 of 297
Scholar

BeIN has been dropped by some providers.

Three one of them direct competitor of BeIN as is Comcast who owns NBC sports

"Some might keep it for a bit longer. "

It is not any evidence of any other provider other of DTV FIOS that will drop BeIN. So a bit longer is pure speculation and a threat that why cancel DTV subscription if BeIN may be drop from other providers which is not evidence of that. While is evidence that Dishnetwork signed a 3 year deal with BeIN.

Point being made is that all TV providers go through the negotiations. Sometimes the channel holds out for more revenue (higher cost in existing options, adding to more options forcing cost to be spread out other customers whether they watch it or not, etc), resulting in the channel staying off for a while.

Is not this case and that is widely reported, DTV didn't even want to offer BeIN the same contract had before.

DirecTV has no requirement that they must keep beIN. Certainly they would like to keep them, but that requires agreement from both DirecTV and beIN.

DTV claim that it was BeIN who pull the signal off, yes technically that is what did happen but why? is like I tell you I ford a job to clean my house every day I will pay you one dollar for it, so I say no I can't for that money. so Then you said well I offered a deal you didn't want it.

If you wish to change providers and try your luck for how long they might still have the channel (even if with a confirmed 3yr deal for a specific provider), that is up to you if you cannot live without the channel and must start bouncing between providers to keep it.

Another FEAR tactic. Quit DTV but maybe you ended bad anyway sure I can die from heart attack too. Everything can happen

Those of us with the "ACE" tag are not here to protect DirecTV's interests.

Well you do a pretty bad job disimulating that. for all the quotes that I put in bold above and below. You provide no evidence of your point, spread fear, and your advise seems to be mostly to protect DTV.

We do NOT work for them. We are customers here helping each other out.

If you really want to help research the issue and give proper information

Sometimes our views and opinions may not be well received, but they are our own and not DirecTV's.

Again you not only give wrong inaccurate information about this specific issue you do a very bad job trying to look casual DTV customers.

I have absolutely no problem if you cancel service

Sure you shouldn't as DTV employees should have no problem either, is not about having problem but what are your opinion and advise about is what matter, at the end every customer do what ever they want

and go somewhere else to get beIN. If that is what you must do, so be it. If you only have the Sports Pack for beIN, then remove it when you cannot get the channel. DirecTV does allow you to change your package and any of the add on packs at any time. Only if you add a premium pack (or raise to the Premier package that includes all the premium packs) do they ask you to keep it for at least 30 days to avoid the early removal fee.

Good advertising about DTV is amazing how much know about packaging deals but know much about what happen with DTV and BeIN.

Beyond that, do what you like.

Obviously 

Message 288 of 297
Tutor

I watch Bein on Sling TV for 10 dollars a month.
Message 289 of 297
ACE - Master

this chart is all you need to see

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/highest-network-ratings-2017-most-watched-hbo-cbs-espn-fx-msnbc-fo...

ratings for bein are beyond horrible

out of 136 stations

bein espanol is 129

bein is 134

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 290 of 297
Scholar

Well BeIn was picked up by Sling TV so all the streaming companies have them and 2 cable carriers drop it FIOS and COMCAST and one satellite DTV. I hope BeIn rebound despite the boycott Comcast lead

Message 291 of 297
ACE - Expert

BeIn removed their feed because the providers wouldn't do what they wanted. So how is that a boycott?

Message 292 of 297
Scholar

Well that is because you believe in fairy tales. This was a move against BeIn from Comcast because they own NBC sports and they want La Liga rights so they boycott BeIn so being have to sell the rights of la liga

Message 293 of 297
ACE - Expert

@sunpacy wrote:

Well that is because you believe in fairy tales. This was a move against BeIn from Comcast because they own NBC sports and they want La Liga rights so they boycott BeIn so being have to sell the rights of la liga

Well, that's your theory Smiley Happy

Message 294 of 297

Well, this past week I signed up for FiOS.  I have been waiting for DirecTV to sort this out, but nothing's happened.  I understand that they have to make the decisions that make sense for them; but I have to make the decisions that make sense for me, and watching La Liga is perhaps the main reason I *own* a TV at all.

I've been a DirecTV customer for over 12 years; but if they've decided to no longer carry the programming that I care about, it doesn't make any sense to stick with them.

Message 295 of 297
ACE - Expert

@BootsyCollins

Perfectly understandable. DirecTV is a great TV service, but is not the place for beIN viewers right now. Perhaps some day down the road they would get the channel back, but at this point it doesn't seem anytime soon. Good luck with FiOS. Seems they went through their beIN negotiations earlier this year, where beIN pulled the feed for awhile, but looks they got that hashed out. So they shouldn't go through that again for awhile unless something big happens I guess.

Just make sure to check your order confirmation and read that 1st bill so that everything is as expected and no confusion about when intro specials end and by how much it will affect the bill when it does so. Something it seems too many people don't read as they should.

Message 296 of 297
Tutor

My thoughts exactly. Best wishes with FIOS.

Message 297 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support