Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

62,729 Views
Message 1 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

"then you would be wrong"

Sure this is what you need to say if not the entire structure of this forums would be worthless

Message 151 of 297
ACE - Master

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed


@sunpacy wrote:

"then you would be wrong"

Sure this is what you need to say if not the entire structure of this forums would be worthless


if you notice, employees have a badge saying they are employees.

and even many of them are here on their own time


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 152 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

if you notice, employees have a badge saying they are employees

 

sure those are the declared ones but the n line behind a screen or a phone anyone can be anything I can say that I am a pretty 15 years old girl or a 50’year old man who Can tell the difference and. Don’t know if all the ACE are actual employees but no doubt they must get some sort of benefit for defend so passionately the Directv agenda with so much technical knowledge about pricing packaging and policy when I call customer service on the other hone the rep is less knowledgeable than any of you here It won’t be surprising if you all are at the manager level and you job is answer couple of this messages a day and try to sound like casual neutral customer 

Message 153 of 297
ACE - Master

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed


@sunpacy wrote:

if you notice, employees have a badge saying they are employees

 

sure those are the declared ones but the n line behind a screen or a phone anyone can be anything I can say that I am a pretty 15 years old girl or a 50’year old man who Can tell the difference and. Don’t know if all the ACE are actual employees but no doubt they must get some sort of benefit for defend so passionately the Directv agenda with so much technical knowledge about pricing packaging and policy when I call customer service on the other hone the rep is less knowledgeable than any of you here It won’t be surprising if you all are at the manager level and you job is answer couple of this messages a day and try to sound like casual neutral customer 


 the info we provide is on the directv website, we just go look it up.  anyone can.

again, research.

 

{keep it courteous}


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 154 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

"

 the info we provide is on the directv website, we just go look it up.  anyone can.

again, research."

I can't I have a life, i don't do research in satellite packages I have more interesting things to do you do that because you have some sort of personal benefit spending time defending Directv with such a knowledge or no personal life one or the other. In this I am interested in figure out these ACE experts because is a fraud if what i suspect is true. Is an unmoral practice play the role of casual customer to twist public opinion about an issue deceiving the public to get Directv a better deal lying to the public about Directv is the victim here.
If that is true this is unaceptable

Message 155 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

@sunpacy

 

I do not work for DirecTV or AT&T as I have stated before. I am a regular customer. I have had the service for many years, I ask a lot of questions, and have helped friends/family with their accounts so over time I have become quite knowledgeable. I analyzed in depth my own options, so though I couldn't fully al-a-carte the services, I was able to tailor it the best I could within the options provided.

 

Again, I do NOT have a DirecTV or AT&T manager as I do not work for them. I have my own full time job that has nothing to do with them. I just choose to use some of my free time to assist those in the forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 156 of 297
Contributor

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

I'm very disappointed with att and DirecTV to discontinue Bein Sports this is bad for business not to mention the post popular leagues La Liga is only on bein sports is going to affect your subscribers most restaurants have a satellite service I can predict most will move to dish or a cable company. I can say this because now I'm considering doing the same too bad I was really happy with DirecTV after I experience the same with fios before switch. SMFH

Message 157 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

BeIN removed their feed, DTV/AT&T would carry them while they negotiate.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 158 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

@TonyG009

 

beIN refuses to allow DirecTV to have their feed. DirecTV/AT&T did not discontinue it. Simple negotiating tactic, beIN pulls their feed to try and leverage customers to increase costs either by raising current options or adding it in more options where more customers have to pay for it regardless if they watch it or not.

 

Channel negotiations is never a reason to switch providers as what will you do when the next TV provider goes through this situation? TV providers don't own the channels and have to negotiate to keep them and naturally they do not negotiate at the same time. If negotiations end without DirecTV succeeding in getting the channel back, then certainly whatever options you need to use to access beIN. But food for thought, beIN is carried by less providers then a while back.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 159 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

@TonyG009 Be careful with the answers by anyone with ACE Expert most of members of this forum believes that these ACE experts are not actual customers. What make this suspicious is the detail knowledge of DTV packages and policies that only an trained employee knows and no a casual customer, and the passionate way they defend DTV agenda. They will say that the reason they know so much is because they are customer since long time, I am customer since 18 years ago and I have the natural knowledge of how DTV works. These ACE expert talk about the conflict BeIN Sports like if the were in those meeting negotiations and play the rol that DTV is the victim here, and DTV is trying to protect DTV customers. While if you read every single independent report or listen to Soccer radio or podcast is clear that DTV is part of these massive content distributors like Comcast, Fios who want to strangle BeIN, so it go under and the GOLDEN PRICE which is the right to broadcast in US La Liga which belong to BeIN until 2020 can be passed to FOX ESPN and NBC sports. 

They are trying to compare this negotiations like the negotiations with VIACOM or Turner that some time you get black outs in your Comedy central or MTV VIACOM is a massive company BeIN is a small sport channel from Qatar but with the right of the best league in the world this is a strategy to screw BeIN and DTV is part of that strategy

Message 160 of 297
ACE - Master

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed


@sunpacy wrote:

@TonyG009 Be careful with the answers by anyone with ACE Expert most of members of this forum believes that these ACE experts are not actual customers. What make this suspicious is the detail knowledge of DTV packages and policies that only an trained employee knows and no a casual customer, and the passionate way they defend DTV agenda. They will say that the reason they know so much is because they are customer since long time, I am customer since 18 years ago and I have the natural knowledge of how DTV works. These ACE expert talk about the conflict BeIN Sports like if the were in those meeting negotiations and play the rol that DTV is the victim here, and DTV is trying to protect DTV customers. While if you read every single independent report or listen to Soccer radio or podcast is clear that DTV is part of these massive content distributors like Comcast, Fios who want to strangle BeIN, so it go under and the GOLDEN PRICE which is the right to broadcast in US La Liga which belong to BeIN until 2020 can be passed to FOX ESPN and NBC sports. 

They are trying to compare this negotiations like the negotiations with VIACOM or Turner that some time you get black outs in your Comedy central or MTV VIACOM is a massive company BeIN is a small sport channel from Qatar but with the right of the best league in the world this is a strategy to screw BeIN and DTV is part of that strategy


it could also be that we have been through many of these disputes.  heck i was through many more when i ha dish.  but nowadays they are common.

 

cable providers are finally standing up for their customers and refusing price hikes.

 

i personally back any provider that takes a stance.

 

and no ace's are not directv employees.  we take the time to educate ourselves so we may help other customers. 

personally i know what its like when you can find an answer.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 161 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed


@sunpacy wrote:

@TonyG009 Be careful with the answers by anyone with ACE Expert most of members of this forum believes that these ACE experts are not actual customers. What make this suspicious is the detail knowledge of DTV packages and policies that only an trained employee knows and no a casual customer, and the passionate way they defend DTV agenda. They will say that the reason they know so much is because they are customer since long time, I am customer since 18 years ago and I have the natural knowledge of how DTV works. These ACE expert talk about the conflict BeIN Sports like if the were in those meeting negotiations and play the rol that DTV is the victim here, and DTV is trying to protect DTV customers. While if you read every single independent report or listen to Soccer radio or podcast is clear that DTV is part of these massive content distributors like Comcast, Fios who want to strangle BeIN, so it go under and the GOLDEN PRICE which is the right to broadcast in US La Liga which belong to BeIN until 2020 can be passed to FOX ESPN and NBC sports. 

They are trying to compare this negotiations like the negotiations with VIACOM or Turner that some time you get black outs in your Comedy central or MTV VIACOM is a massive company BeIN is a small sport channel from Qatar but with the right of the best league in the world this is a strategy to screw BeIN and DTV is part of that strategy


I don't understand what point you're trying to make.  I can assure you that us ACEs are customers, not employees or paid shills.  We've earned the ACE status thanks to our long time as DirecTV customers.  Over that time, we've learned much more than most DirecTV support reps (I would dare say, probably all of them).  And if you actually review my other posts, you'll see that I'm hardly "passionate" about defending DirecTV.  I tell it like I see it.  If you choose not to believe our answers, that's your choice.  But you're wrong to state that "most members of this forum" think we're not customers.   

 

At any rate, I'm done responding to you, or trying to defend myself and other ACEs against your erroneous accusations.  

 

Best wishes to you. 

____________________________________
We ACEs are customers too, NOT employees. Answers are based on experience. They're honest, even if not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 162 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

"I don't understand what point you're trying to make."  
That Real casual customers don't get deceived that is the point I am trying to make.

"I can assure you that us ACEs are customers, not employees or paid shills. "
Is hard to believe, I accept that I have no proof but is hard to believe that ACE experts are just customers with no personal interest in promoting DTV agenda.

"We've earned the ACE status thanks to our long time as DirecTV customers". 
Maybe some that apply some other ones are clear experts much better than the actual employees that you get at the 1-800 number these ACE experts know about packages like the guy who designed those packages

Over that time, we've learned much more than most DirecTV support reps
Seems that you have a lot of time in your life to put some much energy is learning about DTV you should get DTV for free your PR campaign are better than the comercial on TV

(I would dare say, probably all of them).  And if you actually review my other posts, you'll see that I'm hardly "passionate" about defending DirecTV. 
Well obviously if you reacted that fast is because probably I am not so far off of my claim.

I tell it like I see it. 
Well @because is overwhelming information at this point everywhere that refute DIRECTV claims about this particular issue, so how much you heard out of DTV statements and promises? seems that your vision of this AS YOU SEE IT is pretty pretty narrow and shallow. Get more independent reports so you SEE IT better or at least take the EXPERT part of your title off.

If you choose not to believe our answers, that's your choice. 
For me everything is my Choice


But you're wrong to state that "most members of this forum" think we're not customers. 
Well that seems to be the trend no one seems to trust anyone with ACE expert label at least in this argument about BeIN maybe guys you are very valuable to state DTV agenda in other areas but in this one you all show us your true collors

Message 163 of 297
Scholar

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

@mdram4x4  wrote

 

"it could also be that we have been through many of these disputes."

All "THESE: disputes? are all different. One thing is have disputes with Turner o VIACOM or NCB they are massive broadcasting corporations with million of viewers and Directv normally loose against them because NBC carry millions of viewers that give this corporation leverage to make DTV give in but BeIN sports? barely 850K viewers for Braça Real Madrid game that is twice a season if you lucky,   are you comparing this dispute with disputes with Turner or Viacom? it just use common sense before you pull that excuse out

   

Message 164 of 297
ACE - Master

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed


@sunpacy wrote:

@mdram4x4  wrote

 

"it could also be that we have been through many of these disputes."

All "THESE: disputes? are all different. One thing is have disputes with Turner o VIACOM or NCB they are massive broadcasting corporations with million of viewers and Directv normally loose against them because NBC carry millions of viewers that give this corporation leverage to make DTV give in but BeIN sports? barely 850K viewers for Braça Real Madrid game that is twice a season if you lucky,   are you comparing this dispute with disputes with Turner or Viacom? it just use common sense before you pull that excuse out

   


i am caparing this dispute with all disputes

a single local channel, a big conglomerate, ect

they all happen when it will cause the most fuss

 

a few local channels went dark right before the superbowl.

some go dark at the beginning of a broadcast season for some big popular show

 

they know when to pull the plug to cause the most fuss

 

again, i support any provider willing to put a stop to rising costs.

there should actually be very minimal costs for a station to be carried.

no carriage, no add revenue.

more carriage, bigger add revenue

 

 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 165 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support