Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

The change slot here was filed less than 48 hours after the no longer available message. Contract negotiations? Not likely. Don't call BEIN, you didn't contract with them. We trusted Direct tv to negotiate price and provide programming. On time. Sane as they expect us to pay. 

Request BEIN to make it a la carte?

BEIN didn't create that bundle,  Call the peoplel that did.

At the grocery don't use self checkout either. You don't work for the grocery store. Why do their work for free? I'll use the self checkouts when they give a 15% discount. I don't like that either because the jobs lost to self check are entry level jobs and often summer jobs for students.

It's the same thing to call BEIN, it isn't our job to get AT&T/DirectTV a better deal. We paid them to do that.

Iff your paycheck is incorrect would you go to your direct supervisor at your company,  the software provider that wrote the payroll program or computer manufacturer that built the hardware?

Message 136 of 297
Contributor

BeIn Sports is the only reason I purchased the sports pack. It’s the only way I can watch MotoGP, World Superbike, and MotoAmerica in one place. I hardly ever watch TV and I record all three race series. Now this AM when I sit down to watch the MotoGP race it’s not there. Some sort of notice would have been nice AT&T! I pay over $10 per month extra for a bunch of channels I don’t watch in their sports pack just so I can get BeIn and it gets canceled; lovely. How about a la carte? Looks like it might be time to switch to Dish. Then I can actually pick the channels I want. Is AT&T that strapped for cash after buying Time Warner for $85 billion that they can’t afford to keep channels and keep prices the same?!!!!!  This is the problem with corporate America and faceless customers; the executives don’t give a $h!t about the people that helped to build them up. As long as they continue to get their millions in salaries and bonuses for making cuts to services like this one. Awesome. Thanks! 🤬

Message 137 of 297
Teacher

"BeIN Sport is out" Only for those who are trying to justify it!

This is just for those who are trying to justify what happened between DirecTV and BeIN Sport.

I would like to explain to you more about it since you look like have no idea what is going on here. We (the soccer fan) are following the soccer league (specially the Spanish league - La Liga) passionately. And most of us (including me) I sign the contact with this TV provider because of BeIN Sport. So it is not a regular news/movie/etc. channel, it is unique because the have the exclusive right to air Spanish League matches! 

We can't see the La Liga matches at any other channel! it is not like a movie channels, or a news channel and any other type of channel that broadcast something you might see later on on other channel.

So for those who are saying that DirecTV is keeping 250 channels and they are removing only one channel so don't over re-act!!

I am 100% aware that I might not be your fault (Yes, you are right when you are saying that BeIN is out of there major TV providers) But please think about us the customer who desperately want to watch out favorite sport and paying TOP dollars to watch it through your company, and now we can't see a single match!! PLEASE, if you KNOW for sure that BEIN SPORT is not coming back, let us leave peacefully (without forcing us paying the CF)!

Thank you

Tags (1)
Message 138 of 297
Highlighted
Contributor

I will pay a slightly higher bill to get this channel back. Otherwise I will have to get sling.

Message 139 of 297
ACE - Master

@jcarlson9 wrote:

I will pay a slightly higher bill to get this channel back. Otherwise I will have to get sling.

will you pay for everyone?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 140 of 297
ACE - Expert

@jcarlson9 wrote:

You may want to pay more, but many customers do not.  That's why BeIN should be an "add-on" channel so that folks that who want to pay extra can get it.  But BeIN doesn't want that ... they want to be included in basic channel packages, but still want extra money from TV providers like Comcast for that.  

If BeIN is super important for you, then it's time to switch to something like Sling.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 141 of 297
Contributor

First of all, I have been a DirecTV customer for over 15 years, so ACE experts who want to dismiss my patronage so casually is offensive.  It is also amazing how all the "ACE experts" are 100% on the side of DirecTV as if they are Saints in all this.  Please don't insult our intelligence.   Unless personally involved in the negotiations, there is no way anyone honestly knows who the true culprit is?  I'm sure there is enough blame to go around on all sides.

In my area Comcast doesn't allow local Philly sports to be broadcast on DirecTV.  Presumably b/c DirecTV has exclusive rights to NFL ticket and they want DirecTV to share those rights.  Meanwhile Verizon FiOS and YouTubeTV get the local Philly Sports from Comcast.  DirecTV and Comcast won't make the same arrangement as FiOS and YouTube b/c neither want to give up their competitive advantage over the other.  Neither company is looking out for what is best for the consumer. 

I am sure the same can be said for beIN Sports and DirecTV.  What I do know is beIN is gone for whatever reason, and I haven't heard a peep from DirecTV about passing their savings on to their subscribers.  Make no mistake, I want beIN sports back, but if DirecTV is no longer paying BeIn for their rights, then DirecTV needs to pass those savings on to the customer.  If DirecTV wants me to believe, they were looking out for me, then where is the price reduction?   Currently, they are giving us less and charging the same.  That's indefensible.

Now, the sports pack is worthless w/o beIN, but it's lumped into my premier pkg.  I can't even tell how much I get charged for it b/c DirecTV purposely makes our billing so confusing.  Older customers get different packages from newer customers making it even more complicated. I need to get rid of the sports pack ASAP.  I also need to see what FiOS has to offer.  They still have beIN sports and they get the local teams
Message 142 of 297
Contributor

Sling us $25 a month
Message 143 of 297
ACE - Expert

@Garylax34

The "premium" channel packs (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, Sports Pack) are available as add-ons to any package below Premier. If you have the Ultimate package with at 4 premium packs (one of them being HBO), then Premier is the better value. The cost of an individual premium pack is $13.99 (or $17.99 in the case of HBO). If you have multiple packs, they "bundle" together for a small savings (i.e. HBO and Starz is $30.99 as opposed to their individual costs which would add up to $31.98). Just depends on what you watch on what smaller package and specific packs would be right for you. Remember even without Starz, the Encore channels are in the Ultimate package, and now there is an Encore only pack for $8.99 (doesn't bundle with the full packs) that can add to any package below Ultimate.

With packages the only difference was that AT&T was trying to offer "All Included" packages to new customers where the receiver services (and at least the 1st TV fee) were included in the price so that they would better understand the starting cost. Personally I like not having an "All Included" package so that my services are more itemized so I understand where each charge is coming from. If you log into your account you can browse the normal packages that would apply to you so that there is no confusion.

And nobody is insulting your intelligence. Patronage of 1, 3, or 15 years doesn't change the beIN situation. Hopefully DirecTV will get a new agreement with them. Unlike a few others that have posted, I prefer that it not raise my bill.

Message 144 of 297
Scholar

wrote "The "premium" channel packs (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, Sports Pack) are available as add-ons to any package below Premier. If you have the Ultimate package with at 4 premium packs (one of them being HBO), then Premier is the better value. The cost of an individual premium pack is $13.99 (or $17.99 in the case of HBO). If you have multiple packs,"

Who casual customer speak so eloquently about Cable or satellite packages and cost with such knowledge all these ACE EXPERT sound like CUSTOMER SERVICE REPs tell me people that If all these ACE EXPERTS are just bad actors playing the role of casual customers but really are some sort of beneficiaries for defending Directv. Hey ACE EXPERTS do this, have a meeting with your DirectV manager and tell them that the fake casual customer impersonation is not working any longer people don't believe you anymore. 

Message 145 of 297
ACE - Master

@sunpacy wrote:

Who casual customer speak so eloquently about Cable or satellite packages and cost with such knowledge all these ACE EXPERT sound like CUSTOMER SERVICE REPs tell me people that If all these ACE EXPERTS are just bad actors playing the role of casual customers but really are some sort of beneficiaries for defending Directv. Hey ACE EXPERTS do this, have a meeting with your DirectV manager and tell them that the fake casual customer impersonation is not working any longer people don't believe you anymore. 

because we can read, and research, and often do to know about the service we are buying

try it sometime.

you should research retransmission disputes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 146 of 297
Scholar

"because we can read, and research, and often do to know about the service we are buying

try it sometime"

Yeah I actually have a life, I am an expert in what I do, about Directv I know my packages I know how much I pay and which one I have is about it I just do not have time or interest in find out DIRECTV PACKAGES unless I get some sort of benefit to know that. You know what 

Message 147 of 297
ACE - Master

@sunpacy wrote:

"because we can read, and research, and often do to know about the service we are buying

try it sometime"

Yeah I actually have a life, I am an expert in what I do, about Directv I know my packages I know how much I pay and which one I have is about it I just do not have time or interest in find out DIRECTV PACKAGES unless I get some sort of benefit to know that. You know what 

having been through multiple disputes with multiple providers

i started researching, and found much data out there, from all sides and some independent resources

i have come to realize its not always the provider, well very seldom actually.

if the same station has issues with multiple providers, look for the common denominator.

Message 148 of 297
Scholar

"

i started researching, and found much data out there, from all sides and some independent resources

if the same station has issues with multiple providers, look for the common denominator.

"

It sound logic but isn't true you and the others are not casual consumers I am sure of that neither the rest of the participants in this forum believes you

Message 149 of 297
ACE - Master

@sunpacy wrote:

"

"

It sound logic but isn't true you and the others are not casual consumers I am sure of that neither the rest of the participants in this forum

then you would be wrong

Message 150 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support