Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

Have fun provider hopping when their contact with BeIN comes up for renewal if they survive.  BeIN removed their signal to DTV and several other providers and they are the only ones that can return it. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 121 of 297
Scholar

Have fun provider hopping when their contact with BeIN comes up for renewal if they survive.  BeIN removed their signal to DTV and several other providers and they are the only ones that can return it. 

such an inaccurate statement this is how look like Directv talking with customers acting like a casual costumer don’t trust people who write defending multi billion dollar corporations they have an army of fake members

Message 122 of 297
ACE - Expert

@cbrxxkevin wrote:

I'm still under contract, that doesn't matter either,  Direct tv broke terms already. They contracted with me to provide that channel for 2 years. Is 18 months 2 years? No, you say. So that's a broken contract isn't it? I am free to do anything I like as of the minute BEIN was dropped.

There is nothing in the contract that guarantees specific programming for the length of it. All TV providers have in their terms of service (TOS) that channels and programming are subject to change. This is because they have different agreements, and lengths thereof, with each of them so there is no possible way to guarantee that one of those contracts lines up with your service agreement.

The service agreement is for you staying a DirecTV customer for that time and they providing satellite TV service during it. You can change your programming package at any time during your agreement as it has no affect on it, because no channel does.

So no that is not a broken contract. DirecTV broke no terms with you. You just assumed the channel was guaranteed for 2 years.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 123 of 297
ACE - Expert

@sunpacy wrote:

again.  in these disputes, 99% of the time the channel pulls the feed 

maybe Viacom with Comedy Central or MTV use that technique but BeIN don’t have enough audience rating to do that no this is pressure from directv and unfair practice by directv thank keep playing

Well Viacom absolutely pulled this trick a few years ago. I got to hear some neighbors and the like complain because their babysitter (Nickelodeon channels) were gone and so they had to deal with their kids.

Sometimes channels resolve negotiations behind the scenes with no interruption. Sometimes they decide to pull their feed (as is their right) hoping customer dissatisfaction will cause a TV provider to meet their demands. Traditionally that demand is for increased cost for existing options, or included in more options to increase revenue that way. In either case that means raising the cost for customers in the end, sometimes affecting those that do not watch the channel at all.

Personally I would like beIN to be an al-a-carte channel so that all those who choose to watch it can pay the higher cost themselves instead of spreading out the cost around to others who don't watch it. However as currently the al-a-carte options are The Outdoor Channel and DogTV, I doubt beIN will agree to such an option. 

Message 124 of 297
ACE - Expert

@Garylax34 wrote:

The Sports Pack is worthless without Bein.  

That may be the case for you and some, but not for others. The Sports pack covers a variety. Over 35 Regional Sport Networks (RSN), and specialty channels like The Outdoor Channel. Some people like to compliment their seasonal sport subscriptions with the Sports Pack for the pre/post game for those out of market RSNs. Also your in-market RSNs are only included in Choice and above. So if in a package below Choice, it is usually cheaper to add the Sports Pack to get your in-market RSNs than raising the whole package (for Entertainment it depends on how much the RSN fee would be going to Choice on if package change or Sports pack would be cheaper). So it has its place, even if it is not for you.

Message 125 of 297
ACE - Expert

There is nothing in DirecTV's agreement that requires them to provide any particular channel to you. Same applies to every other sat and cable provider. Channels are moving in and out of the channel linup all the time. In Bein's case we do not know their real negotiating position but whatever it is you can see from the way they are being dropped from everyone's channel lineup that it's not acceptable. They've taken a calculated commercial risk and it is backfiring on them. Of course we're not party to their negotiation but rumor has it they wanted to be moved to a lower tier where there are more subscribers and therfore more money.

Message 126 of 297
ACE - Expert

@sunpacy wrote:

such an inaccurate statement this is how look like Directv talking with customers acting like a casual costumer don’t trust people who write defending multi billion dollar corporations they have an army of fake members

Those that work for Directv/AT&T have the "employee" tag by their name. The rest of this forum is populated by customers like you, even if we don't see eye to eye. Some of us have just been through this enough times to be more experienced with the reality of what is going on.

Yes it takes both sides to come to an agreement. However beIN could choose to return the feed (as they own the broadcast rights) while they are in the middle of negotiations instead of pulling it, but they have chosen not to do so which is just a negotiating tactic. Always hate with we customers are caught in the middle, but that is how it works.

And yes, I am just a customer. I do not work for DirecTV or their new parent company AT&T.

Message 127 of 297
Contributor

Refund the $150 it’s going to cost me to get motogp. 20+ years customer, but who cares. Wasted so much money paying for crap I never watch to have the opportunity to watch the things I want to. Guess I’ll stop doing that.

Message 128 of 297
ACE - Expert

Going to MotoGP will not result in getting a refund from DirecTV. Channels are subject to change (agreement between them and provider comes up, channel goes out of business, channel decides to change their programming lineup, etc.). Doesn't matter if you are a 1, 5, or 20 year customer. TV providers do not own the channels and so cannot guarantee any particular channel or specific programming will always be available for you.

Message 129 of 297
Scholar

Is amazing how much you know about packages and DTV policies you just look like a DIRECTV employee

Message 130 of 297
Highlighted
Scholar

Well BeIN and DTV both choose an strategy I tend to believe the little man is probably right

Message 131 of 297
ACE - Expert

Not an employee, just experience from being a customer for years including helping friends and family with their own accounts (starting from before I had my own account). As such I ended up participating in this customer to customer forum where I could share the knowledge I have gained, and yes sometimes my opinion.

But still I am not a DirecTV employee as you have suggested.

Message 132 of 297
Scholar

I have Directv since 18 years ago I have no clue about packages and deals I tell you more when I call on the phone the employees know less than you do you can't hide it

Message 133 of 297
ACE - Expert

Employees over the phone deal with countless calls each day. I have worked personally on my own account, and a few friends/family so got more specific knowledge and asked a lot of questions. I got the info at my own pace as opposed to the high speed and stress I am sure call center employees have to function at. And in my experience, agents who came over from the AT&T side still struggle with how DirecTV is different from Uverse, which is where I am happy to share what I have gathered over the years to correct some of the info they have given.

Before the acquisition by AT&T I would say most employees, that have been there long enough, would know more than I. Now we have an increase in "new" DirecTV employees, as AT&T buying them didn't immediately make AT&T agents experts of DirecTV overnight. And it has felt like they have expected some agents to handle both AT&T and DirecTV accounts, which in my opinion is too many services that are similar with key enough differences, for any one person to try and handle everything.

Nothing hidden here, I have been very straightforward with my posts.

Message 134 of 297
Contributor

Same here although where I live, DISHTV is my only alternative.  Of course, DirecTV wants to charge me for for early termination but from my POV (they’re) the one who broke my contract.  Their closed caption feature doesn’t work either and I was told they won’t get new software to fix the problem until maybe December.  beIN Sports or I cancel!

Message 135 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support