Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BeIN Sports channel removed

Mentor

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Message 1 of 297
ACE - Expert

Re: BeIN Sports channel removed

Who is going to sign a contract to loss money? 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 106 of 297
Scholar

@shannon02 Wrote Who is going to sign a contract to loss money? 

you really believe DIRECTV loose money or would loose money adding big BeIN to a lower price package ? Really? Don’t confuse loose money with don’t make as much as the want and again they eventually will make that money back if BeIN can be distribute to more people but DTV want to bring BeIN down as Comcast the little Qatar network owns the most popular league do you know how many sharks are swimming around that contract?

Message 107 of 297
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

That is what DTV says what else would keep them from signing?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 297
Scholar

@shannon02

That is what DTV says what else would keep them from signing?

So because you can't picture any other deal that DIRECTV may have with NBC sport network or ESPN or FOX that pushing BeIN out of the way may help DirectV in other deals you just believe religiously what DirecTV say in their DIRECTV PROMISE

Message 109 of 297

Sunpacy, I think there is much more merit to what you are saying than what any of the “ACE” bots are saying.  What I find funny is that all of these “ACE” writers all have the same opinions...  what are the odds of that?

These “ACE” contributors are probably valuable on these forums to help solve technical problems with equipment, or perhaps know the rules if customers have contractual issues, but what we are talking about on this thread are general business tactics of which they have no true expertise.

The reality here is that Directv is looking at the big picture and doing what they think is best for their bottom line in the mid to long term - and likely in a disingenuous manner.  Chumming up to the larger partners and trying to strangle the little guy (Bein).  They don’t care much about what their customers want - only if it could significantly bite them in the you know what financially will they change course.  I am certain millions of their customers want the PAC12 network.  Can they negotiate in faith and get a deal done?  No!  Now they are doing it to a former partner - Bein...  

The “Sports Pack” is basically worthless now.  Wow, I really need that 5th ESPN channel (classic) so I can watch old SEC football games from 10 years ago...  And there will be a fantastic show on the Outdoor channel tomorrow - deer hunting with that whacko Ted Nugent.

I am done with this thread, and will be done with Directv soon if they don’t pull their heads out of their you know what’s...  Good luck to all of you who care about viewing Bein Sports programming but cannot now.

Message 110 of 297
Scholar

They are definitely some sort of DIRECTV advocate and trained to don't sound so much DirecTV evangelist.

no one is so passionate about a corporation just because, and when don't have a way to refute or debate they tell you the easy one "well you should change providers" like if the problem is not that they are here to push the DIRECTV side in the participants of this forum. 

BeIN is pushing the agenda to we all change providers but I think is the wrong strategy BeIN tries to get customer loyalty but people want just to watch the games so the wrestling match here is if BeIN will hold or the multi billion corporate pipeline distributors will strangle BeIN. That is what the problem stand today.
This is beyond a raise of the package prices that argument is understandable if we are talking about VIACOM who owns bunch of very popular channels like Comedy central Nicolodeon MTV but this small network that broadcast sports that are not major sport in US? but of the maybe 5th sport most watch in US after Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey this small network owns the rights of the most popular soccer league so that is what need to change for Directv, some one else other that BeIN should get the La LIga TV rights that is what all the distributor are trying to do

Message 111 of 297
ACE - Expert

Have it your way everyone is against the little company.

Message 112 of 297

Thumbs down. Boo AT&T.

The only US coverage of the premier class of motorcycle racing is on BEIN  and you drop them mid season. I wonder how that's working out on your end? We won't  discuss the lie that this would be an ala carte addition to my subscription. It wasn't of course.  I'm sure your rep knew it. If he didn't He had poor training & was too lazy to use his phone.

Mid season you drop the channel that covers Motogp. These races draw 100,000+ on Sundays in most countries. Tiny little Netherlands had 105000 in attendance on the Sunday of their race weekend at Assen. 

Would you do that to the only NASCAR channel? MLB? NO? Because your customer base will desert you by the thousands? 

Ahhh, I think I may have hit on the reason. DirectTV doesn't care about soccer fans or motorcycle race fans.

I'm still under contract, that doesn't matter either,  Direct tv broke terms already. They contracted with me to provide that channel for 2 years. Is 18 months 2 years? No, you say. So that's a broken contract isn't it? I am free to do anything I like as of the minute BEIN was dropped.

How many of you fellow customers received any notification of BEIN being dropped? All of you? WOW! Oh, no, it just cut off in the middle of watching your program? That's not really notification. I meant BEFORE it was gone, previous notification. No one? Really? We paid for the package,  in my case after I was told it wasn't a package & it costs $12/month, none of which was true. So we paid and they dropped it mid month.

The refund is where? 

Who's already gotten theirs? None of you? So they don't care what they tell you to get you to sign up,  they don't care about soccer & motorcycle racing fans, they don't care if they drop what we paid for, they don't notify us ahead of changes, they don't care if we have what we paid for and they don't care if we get our money back. 

AT&T, who do you do business with that treats you that way?

I WANT MY BEIN BACK!!!.

I'll wait a week but no more. Most recent lie just yesterday was "It's only temporary until they renegotiate the contract" that's what she told me. I don't blame the phone answer girl,  it was you, there,  in the office.

So fix it,  get it back on the same 620 channel slot it was on.

The sad part is that I was happier with the Uverse than  I'd ever expected to be and I let you talk me into switching to the Uglydish. Just more disappointment.

Does anyone know if anyone is stocking parts in this area for Saturn's?  Let me know please. 

Kev  & Monica

Message 113 of 297
Tutor

I will also drop DirecTV if BeIN is not re-instated.  The fact that the channel was available was the main reason I made the switch.

Message 114 of 297
ACE - Master

again.  in these disputes, 99% of the time the channel pulls the feed

they do this so people complain to the provider in hopes the provider will cave and meet thier demands for more money

this could be an increase in fees, addition to lower pack, ect ect

you have bein to blame for pulling the feed.

call bein, ask them to go alacart so you can pay whatever they want for thier channel

why are we defending directv in this?

we have seen it before with other channels

people even complained about chiller leaving.  well that station left because  went off the air. 

it can never be brought back, it no longer exists.  still people complained.

your best recourse of action is with bein.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 115 of 297

Indeed, you're horrible for removing BeIN.  My wife is on the phone canceling due to this. 

Message 116 of 297
Scholar

again.  in these disputes, 99% of the time the channel pulls the feed 

maybe Viacom with Comedy Central or MTV use that technique but BeIN don’t have enough audience rating to do that no this is pressure from directv and unfair practice by directv thank keep playing

Message 117 of 297
Contributor

You are assuming that Bein Sports is the bad guy and DirecTV is trying to protect us.  According to Bein, they don't want to be included in the Premium package, but rather be lumped in with ESPN, NBCSN, FS1, etc, that is not part of the Premium Sports Pack.  The Sports Pack is worthless without Bein.  We will never know who is truly to blame.  What I do know is DirecTV didn't lower the bill when they removed Bein.  DirecTV still advertises Bein as part of the Sports pack on their website.  Clearly corporate is not in tune w/ the rest of their operation.  We all have channels we pay for that we don't watch.  Hopefully, when you lose a channel you watch religiously, you will understand how we feel right now.  As far as I am concerned, this is a breath of contract and I am no longer bound to the 2 year contract and early termination penalties.

Message 118 of 297
Tutor

I have a bunch of sport channels that I never watch. Only Bein sports is worth watching. If it is not back I don't need Directv

Message 119 of 297
Contributor

If they don’t have this channel back soon I will cancel my directv I’ve been a customer for 5 years, but if this is not resolve I’ll look for an alternative 

Message 120 of 297
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support