Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Apple lightning to hdmi digital AV adapter

Contributor

Apple lightning to hdmi digital AV adapter

I have an Apple lightning to hdmi digital AV adapter for my iPhone 6. The Direct tv app will allow picture and audio for on demand programming. However, it will only play audio and no picture for live streaming programming. Is the a remedy for this? I have already uninstalled the app and turned off my phone then reinstalled the app.
Message 1 of 28
Expert

Re: Apple lightning to hdmi digital AV adapter

The app does not auport Airplay.

Message 2 of 28
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. However, we did contact direct tv tech support and we were informed that there is a glitch in the live streaming programming portion of the app. We were told that it is being worked on and mirroring from the cable should be functional once corrected.
Message 3 of 28
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Cdiazfour
‎09-01-2016 7:33 AM

The "glitch" is that Airplay is not supported. Perhaps DIRECTV does not want you to use your mobile device instead of a receiver.  

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 28
Contributor

Ok. Thanks again for the heads up.
Message 5 of 28
Tutor

This is ridiculous, This is the only reason I bought the AV cable for. We have a cabin out in the middle of nowhere that we visit on the weekends, and it's not feasible to pay for services that would only be used for maybe 10-12 hours a month. What is the difference in letting us watch the same programming on a small screen(iPhone) and not a bigger screen. With all the services I pay at&t for totals over $400 a month between 5 cellphones, directv service, and u-verse internet. Come on at&t, give me a break!!!
Message 6 of 28
ACE - Expert

You can put a dish at the cabin and then take a DTV receiver with you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 28
Expert

@B-riii the difference is that you would not need an extra receiver on your main house if you could watch your entire DIRECTV subsciption via your mobile device on your TV.

Message 8 of 28
Contributor

Good afternoon, first post here.

I travel a ton in my camper and have directv at home.  I would like to use my AT&T wireless service to stream using the DirecTV app.  Seems to work OK with On Demand (non live) video but live broadcast is blocked using the Lightening AV adapter.  I haven't had time yet to link my phone to my DVR on my home WiFi (been travelling since I switched to AT&T).  Can you watch recordings on your DVR on a TV using the adapter or is that also blocked.  Also, does the recorded show have to be completed or can I watch it half way through the recording?

Thanks for the help.

Ben

Message 9 of 28
Tutor

I rebooted my phone so many times to "fix the glitch".  Incredible that it's such a stupid reason that "Airplay is not supported".  Just what do you support AT&T DirectTV?

Message 10 of 28
Tutor

Don't worry, I will mount a dish when I travel.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 11 of 28
ACE - Master

the phone app is not meant to replace a receiver

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 28
Tutor

This is sad.  You will stream 1080p video to the phone but not a phone connected to a TV?

Message 13 of 28
ACE - Expert

Networks have it in their agreement that they are paid based on each tv authorized on the service, not just the account. This is where the additional tv fee (currently $7 each) comes into play. Being able to stream from a phone to tv would circumvent this. This is one strong reason it is not allowed, though it may not be the only one as Apple is very restrictive on their regulations allowing how apps work on their phones, and very tight lipped informing developers why an app is not allowed (they don't like giving a reason why they say no, supposedly not to release possible security loopholes any given app may have inadverntely exploited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 14 of 28
Tutor

Yet a household can get additional receivers for $7 each per month and give multiple households DirecTV as long as they all have their own dish.  Makes perfect sense...

Message 15 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support