Helpful Links

Anyone have issues with Genie killing your speed?

Tutor

Anyone have issues with Genie killing your speed?

Hello...I'm now to Directv.

I noticed after getting the bundle from Directv and Windstream that my speed was buried.Couldn't stream wifi on smart phne,xbox live much less watch movie on demand without them freezing.

Windstream came out and spend forever working on it and after running speed test with Genie on and off...looks like Geneie is burying my speed and bogging it down to basically nothing.

with Genie off-upload at 6.8mbps/download 1mbps ....with Genie ON -upload at.36mbps/download at .50mbps

They are coming out in a couple of days to take a look.What are your thoughts and what should I have done?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Anyone have issues with Genie killing your speed?

What "Genie" device do you have?  Model number?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

Hr44-500

Genie dvr

Message 3 of 9
Tutor

oh and genie mini C41-100

Genie is Hd-DVR

Message 4 of 9
Expert

I'd guess you have a case of IP conflict in your network.  Try this:  On your HDDVR press:

MENU SETTINGS & HELP
SETTINGS
NETWORK SET UP RESTORE DEFAULTS
CONNECT NOW
GET CONNECTED WIRELESS.  the receiver will then scan for Wi-Fi networks
and should d find yours.  once it finds your SSID, select your network
name.  if your network is secured, it will ask you to type in your
password.  if successful, you will get a message that says
"congratulations, your receiver is connected to the internet" Note that your SSID and/or password
cannot have any spaces and/or special characters

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

Yep...did that at start up.

Thanx though.

Message 6 of 9
Employee

and other equipment (receivers) besides the ones already posted?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 9
Tutor

No sir

Message 8 of 9
Employee

If your receiver was recently installed, it downloads "tons" of stuff right after  installation.  I'd  say give it a day to "settle" and see if it improves

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support