Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Acquiring guide data

Tutor

Acquiring guide data

My tv says “acquiring guide data. Thank you for your patience.” I have restarted it 4 different times and it always gets to this screen and never squires the guide data. How can this be fixed?  

Message 1 of 20
Tutor

Re: Acquiring guide data

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything from the online troubleshooting page and nothing works.

Message 2 of 20
Tutor

I am also having the same problem....what is the fix?!?!?!?!

Message 3 of 20
Tutor

Same problem

Message 4 of 20
Tutor

Same issue. Tried Reset and Refresh - did not work.

Message 5 of 20
Teacher

Directv is having issues right now guys you just have to wait at this time, it will resolve itself and come back on eventually. 

Message 6 of 20

I have same problem but occasionally the 771 message pops up. Are we supposed to leave the tv on?

Message 7 of 20
Teacher

No U can turn it off, it will resolve itself as soon as directv figures it out with engineers and will come back on, sorry I went to too service calls box were working just fine till I ran the satellite test and then it said acquired data reset box multiple times and then realized directv is having an issue so your not the only one. Don’t bother calling directv unless you want a credit for the inconvenience. Do not set up service call waste of time.

Message 8 of 20
Contributor

I have been receiving the same message for a few hours now.

Message 9 of 20
Teacher

This happened about 2 years ago it was out for about 8 hours hopefully it is resolved come morning. U can still access your DVR list just hit list button.

Message 10 of 20
Contributor

Same here, have tried everything 

Message 11 of 20
Contributor

I am having the same issue. It is now 10:59pm and it’s been going on for a few hours. Has anybody gotten this resolved? Just wondering if it is just me still having problems

Message 12 of 20
Contributor

Richmond, VA - same problem.  Unfortunately, shows did not record because guide data is missing.  resetting receiver does not solve the problem.

Message 13 of 20
Contributor

Message 14 of 20
Tutor

Same issue here. I called & they said there is an outage. No ETR. Maybe tomorrow. (I had a PG&E outage earlier today & thought it might be the cause, but I guess not since folks outside of my local area in CA appear to be having an issue too)

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support