Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4k resolution TV

Highlighted
Contributor

4k resolution TV

I have a 4k resolution TV. In settings, I mark the box for 4k resolution. It stays that way for awhile. CH 104 works fine. Then the screen claims 

I do not have 4k resolution and drops it back to 1080p resolution. I have to go back to settings (DirectTV settings) and mark the box again.

What gives?

Message 1 of 8
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by fmawinner
‎01-01-2019 2:44 PM

Re: 4k resolution TV

Go to Menu>Settings>Display>Video.  Make sure Native and HDMI controls are off.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Thanks 

Message 3 of 8
Teacher

I have the same exact problem. 

I will try it tonight. 

Why don’t they have these as the factory default setting if it indeed is a problem. 

I did reset my 4K Genie mini to factory and I don’t think both of these were off 

Message 4 of 8
Teacher

I tried everything and still have this problem

Message 5 of 8
Teacher

did not fix the problem

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I have a new 4K tv bought new 4K HDMI cables have all the new directv equipment to view 4K content but when I go to channel 104 I get tv does not support 4K when I try to check 4K in tv resolution I get same think tv does not support 4K I’ve had 2 directv technicians here neither could resolve the problem. My TV will play 4K content from my Xbox one what in the world is going in

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

Check that the TV has the latest software.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support