Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4k on HR54-200

Highlighted
Contributor

4k on HR54-200

I am trying to activate 4k on my main living room tv that is a Samsung MU8000 4k capable tv with an HR54-200 connected to it. I down 2 hours being told this is not possible that I would have to have a 4k Genie Mini connected to my 4k tv and move my main receiver to another room. Is this correct? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: 4k on HR54-200

Yes, you'll need a C61K connected to your 4K TV. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

The HR54 was to far into production when the 4K standard was change to require the HDMI 2.0 port so it will never have 4K output.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by robc1042
‎11-11-2017 5:02 PM

4K Requirements:

3rd generation Genie (HR54) on non 4K tv (can connect to a 4K tv, but will not provide 4K content itself)

C61K Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv. Remember Client has no tuner of its own so uses 1 from the Genie.

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Directv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

At this time there are only three 4K channels. 1 regular, 1 select events, 1 PPV.

Even if you have multiple C61K Clients, or the built in Client of an RVU TV (not recommended), only one tv can be using a 4K channel at a time.

HR54 was too far into production when the HDMI requirements changed which is why it has to use the Client connection. As such there is no other way to connect 4K besides a Client.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support