Helpful Links

3d Not working with my new TV

Contributor

3d Not working with my new TV

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD82842 TV and I go to the 3D channels and they will not come on. What is the problem?

Message 1 of 9
Scholar

Re: 3d Not working with my new TV

What exactly happens? Any signal or message? black screen?

I've heard sometimes you need to access the 2D channel first, then can switch. Also, will need to determine from your TV model which flavor of 3D is being used (SBS or checkerboard). I think DirecTV uses SBS (side-by-side), but could be wrong. TechKnow Guides and installer experts can help troubleshoot.

-=K=-

Message 2 of 9
Guru

Don't have a Mits but it will be fine for 3D. Someone here might know but if you don't get an answer go to the avsforum display section and find a thread about your TV. They will definitely be able to help you. Good luck!

Message 3 of 9
Professor

Check the 3D settings in the TV menu. DirecTV uses a side by side format or SbS. It should work. Is the HR24 connected directly to the TV via an HDMI cable? What do you see when you try a 3D channel? There are no settings on the HR24 to adjust or enable 3D but the hardware setup and TV settings need to be correct.

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

Thanks for the replies back. Must have been my HDMI cable. I switched it with another cable I had and it is working now.

Message 5 of 9
Guru

Great!

Message 6 of 9

Good for you  i love 3D !

Message 7 of 9
Professor

That's funny.

voodoochile43 wrote:

Good for you  i love 3D !

That's funny, DirecTV gave me a 3DTV since my name was pulled out of a hat full of TechKnow guides' names so I could help with 3D problems. I tried it and must say I'm not a fan.

Message 8 of 9

Hey i'm new here and trying to finish my get started process LOL :smileyplain:

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support