Explore & discover

Helpful Links

2018 Winter Olympics in 4K HDR

Contributor

2018 Winter Olympics in 4K HDR

I see where NBC is going to broadcast a good chunk of their Winter Olympics coverage

in 4K HDR. Is DirecTV going to pick up some of these events in 4K HDR and pass them

on to us? I think channel 106 would be a great place to provide us customers with at least

some of the Olympic events in 4K HDR.

Message 1 of 11
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎02-05-2018 10:09 AM

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics in 4K HDR

Yes. They posted here today that Ch 106 will provide 4K coverage. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Mentor

Yes, but will the Ultimate Package be required as it states?  106 normally works for me but I'm not quite on Ultimate.

Message 4 of 11
ACE - Expert

I think that regular 4K will be used for all 4K events for all packages with 4K but the ultimate will get the HDR feed.

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

Please provide schedule so we can set our dvr

Message 6 of 11
Mentor

shannon, on what basis do you make this conclusion?  I thought they can only enable or disable a channel, not restrict color space.  It would be pretty weird for them to do that.

Message 7 of 11
Mentor

David marked a solution, but you can't go and record any of it since it all says TBD, and it's totally unclear about what you need from a package perspective to play the content.

Message 8 of 11
Contributor

I was trying to record all the olympics only on the 4K channel and my Genie series manager keeps recording the NBC HD channels only. I had to manually go through the guide and select each day to record from the 4K channels. Anyone else having issues with this?

Message 9 of 11
Teacher

Even though I have a Genie and the Ultimate package, it has proven impossible to schedule a recording of any 4K-HDR Olympic programming on channel 106. The guide says only that the "programming information is not available." That translates into saying that the program can't be scheduled for recording. It's nice that DIRECTV came out with a schedule, but it's only possible to watch it at the exact date and time given. If you're not able to be at your TV, too bad. You miss it. It's really disappointing that DIRECTV has bragged so much about offering 4K HDR Olympic programming, then failed miserably to deliver it in a convenient manner.

Message 10 of 11
Mentor

I’ve been able to record just fine, but the series has been hard to get. It seems I need to make many series on shows that appear to be the same.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support