Helpful Links

on demand

Tutor

on demand

I can’t find any episode after November 15 

Message 1 of 9
Master

Re: on demand

For what? Have you tried using the networking apps with your DTVN credentials? I find the content and performance better. I never use the OnDemand if I can use a networking app.

Message 2 of 9
Tutor

I’m in Networks, Lethal Weapon episode 5 is the last available. Live Directtvnow just showed episode 9 tonight.
Message 3 of 9
Master

That is using DTVN's ondemand content. I mean use a app to view the content. Her is the list that supports DTVN credentials here

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9
Mentor

While the network apps are a solution to watch many shows, we don't have access to all of them. (For example TBS/TNT) It seems no On demand shows have been updated on DTVN since mid November.  I'd encourage everyone who is unable to find current episodes to contact support via chat.  Maybe id enough people complain, they'll fix this.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Master

It appears that there is an overall issue with on-demand right now, though they haven't said anything publicly that I've seen.  One of the features they are touting for the "next gen" system seems relevant (overall support for many more on-demand entries) - it is possible (though it seems silly) that they have hit some sorts of internal limitations that are impacting their ability to update the on-demand libraries.  Unfortunately, for those networks that they don't provide authentication for the associated apps, there really are very limited alternatives.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I was able to speak with a customer support representative who actually acknowledged the problem. I have been getting the run around for several days. After requesting several call backs, I finally got a call back. The representative, offshore of course, said that they are aware of the problem and technical teams are working to resolve a problem with the servers that host the on demand content. While there is no phone number for DirecTVNOW support, you can request a call back, however, you may have to do this several times. In most cases, I was promised a call back in 12-24 hours, but today, I got a call back from a supervisor while I was on the chat. You need to be persistent. Until they resolve the on demand issue, you can receive a one month credit.

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Mentor

Same thing with TNT/TBS which does not provide Directv Now subscribers access to their app VOD.

Last available episode of Major Crime was Episode 3, aired Nov 13.  App shows 3 subsequent episodes available.  I've found similar with other channels.  Directv VOD is often weeks behind, and with no DVR except for the few allowed to try the Beta service,  if you're not there at the moment the show airs you're out of luck,

I keep seeing Directv Now's ads promoting VOD but waiting a few more weeks for the shows to be on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon works out cheaper.

Message 8 of 9
Mentor

They only offered $10 credit, not a month's subscription value.  

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements...

You can now stream DIRECTV NOW with AT&T PREPAID without impacting your data!

Additional Support