Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where do I find my recorded shows?

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Highlighted
Tutor

Where do I find my recorded shows?

I am in the middle of my 7 day free trial.  I recorded a show and when I attempt to find it I can't locate it.  I am watching on an Amazon Fire Stick.  There is no "My Library." Where do I find the show I recorded?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Master

Re: Where do I find my recorded shows?

Can't tell you about the firestick but on the ATV pressing "menu" brings up "Watch Now", "My Library" and "Discover".

I would tell you to consult your software manual, but...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

You would press either up or down on the remote. There you will see the options “watch now, my library, discover”. Go to my library and there you should see your dvr recordings if you have any. Click on the recording you want to watch or click down and click right to select all dvr recordings to browse all recordings. 

Message 3 of 9
Tutor

If I push up I get "Search, Guide, Watchlist and Settings".  If I push down I get "Home, Shows, Movies, Networks, Guide, Search."  I don't have My Library.  If I get online thru computer the My Library is present and my recordings are there.  Can't find them on my fire stick which is where I would be using it most. 

Message 4 of 9
Professor

Update the app

Message 5 of 9
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Stein7922
‎05-27-2018 2:02 PM

Yes you need to update the app. Highlight (do not open) the directv now app and press the button with the 3 lines to bring up the options menu and you should see update. If not then delete the app and reinstall it and you should have the latest version.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

Thank you - that worked.  

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

When I highlight I don’t see three dots.  I have a Roku and none of solutions work for it 

Message 8 of 9

@OUalum On roku you will have to check for system update and it will check all apps for updates. If updates for the apps are available they will update on their own. Sometimes I have to check for update again when the first one finishes to make sure it’s got them all. If you don’t know how to do a system update then it will be easy to just uninstall the app and reinstall it. 

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support