Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watching NFL on DirectTV Now - where'd they go?

Highlighted
Contributor

Watching NFL on DirectTV Now - where'd they go?

We watched NFL football last weekend with no problems. Today, went to try to watch the Green Bay Packer game and no NFL football games were listed on the DirectTV Now guide. Had to switch over to our antenna to watch the game. Does anyone have any idea why they football games weren't on the channels they were suppose to be on? Packer game is on CBS but I don't see CBS channel even listed on the guide. ABC is listed and our local Fox channel is listed.Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 31
ACE - Expert

Re: Watching NFL on DirectTV Now - where'd they go?

What local channels are you suppose to receive? Have you checked using the tool here

I have been watching them since I receive all the local networks where I live.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 31
ACE - Expert

They are on CBS and FOX now.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 31
Contributor

I'm looking at our guide and CBS is not listed as a channel. I see the game now on Fox. So I guess now I need to just find out why we're not getting CBS which is the channel that the Packer is on. Thanks again for your help!

Message 4 of 31
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎10-09-2018 12:12 PM

Are you suppose to receive the channel? Go here to see what locals you may be able to receive. Not everyone can receive all or some of the locals.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 31
Contributor

We are suppose to get 125+ channels and that package shows CBS as one of the channels. However, when I use the tool link you sent, it lists all the all of the local except for CBS. Just trying to figure out why?

Message 6 of 31
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Lisa234
‎09-30-2018 1:21 PM

That means you are not suppose to receive CBS then. Yes all packages get ONDEMAND from all the networks but live is dependent on the tool. DIRECTV NOW offers local channels within specified market areas. Eligibility is dependent on your billing zip code, and your access depends on the physical location of the device. Access to local channels depends upon the licensing agreements DIRECTV NOW has with local markets at your current location. Local, regional, and national providers hold the streaming and broadcast rights to these channels in local markets. AT&T continues to work with providers to add local streaming options. If streaming from a mobile device, local channel availability is dependent upon your billing zip code and the current physical location of the device.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 31
Contributor

can I get Pitt football game

Message 8 of 31
Contributor

can I watch Pitt football game on what channel

Message 9 of 31
ACE - Expert

Depends on where you live, watch channels you receive, and if any of those channels are offering the game.

Message 10 of 31
Contributor

I see there is a form that if I am a RV I can receive local stations from NY or LA. If I pay $15 more. I would like to receive that on my boat. The form to get that service declares specifically states my receivers must not be on a boat but I can if it was a RV. Why?

Message 11 of 31
ACE - Master

That form sounds like a satellite thing, I'm not aware of any similar program for DTVN.

If you do not get locals at your home address you don't get them anywhere. If you do get them at home, you may get some locals while traveling, depends on where and if DTVN carries them.

Message 12 of 31
ACE - Expert

Thats for DirecTV not DirecTV Now which is the forum you have posted in.

Message 13 of 31
Contributor

Fox is part of my local channels on Directv Now. However, could not watch NFL games today!!! Are NFL games blocked? Can watch Sunday Night Football on NBC!

Message 14 of 31
Contributor

I'm in the same boat, and there is literally no support from DirecTVNow.  It's Thanksgiving and I can't get the ONLY football game on.  Useless piece of ****...

Message 15 of 31
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help for watching NFL games. View Help Watching the NFL!
Additional Support