Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Want to Watch Classic TV show channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Want to Watch Classic TV show channels

I would like to be able to watch channels like Cozi or METv or fetv for some of the classic TV shows like Perry Mason or Will and Grace or Life and Times of Wyatt Earp, even Peter Gunn.  I know Cozi and FETv can be found on your satellite service.  When will it be on DIRECTV Now?

Message 1 of 8
Scholar

Re: Want to Watch Classic TV show channels

I don't think anyone here would know the answer to that. I haven't seen any announcements about plans to add channels and I doubt we will until when and if they decide to get an agreement with those other channels.

Message 2 of 8
Professor

Message 3 of 8
Scholar

$10 antenna purchase probably your best bet. 

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Master

Internet streaming is the ultimate bonanza of classic, retro and just plain old TV.

The Perry Mason episodes are on CBS all-access, which costs money, but there are an amazing number of free oldie channels, especially on Rokus, just search for "classic" or "retro" under streaming sources. MeTV has an app, and runs a lot of old stuff.

I watched a few old 1956 Groucho Marx "You Bet Your Life" episodes yesterday, complete with Desoto/Plymouth commercials.

I wouldn't expect DTVN to carry such stuff, but you can find a ton of it on your own. Even the free Roku Channel has a lot of old stuff like "Beverly Hillbillies" (hard to believe that show was #1 in the nation for years).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

Depends on market.  I have to use a larger antenna in attic, and amplifier, to get my local channels.  Plus a bunch of others like MeTV, CoZi, etc here in Oklahoma.  Though CBS is marginal at times.

I ended up buying a device that attaches to antenna and streams up to 2 channels within the house so I could setup a system to DVR to my computer.  A hassle I wouldn't need except that it is complicated to get rights to local channels in smaller markets.

Even if I decided to pay more and go to another company that streams the 4 bigger networks here, I still wouldn't get these smaller locals.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Master

You don't need an antenna. My point was that there are tons of free streaming channels that run classic and retro stuff, often without commercials (except the original self-integrated ones that are actually more entertaining than some of the shows).

It's not DTVN's mission to bring you that sort of programming, but there are plenty of folks out there who have made it their own life's work.

Watched a couple of Burns and Allen episodes last night, gratis and commercial free (except for the self-integrated Carnation Evaporated Milk plugs).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I bought an AirTV 2 device to bring these antenna channels into Sling.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Additional Support