Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Still no LOCAL FOX in Las Vegas!!!

Highlighted
Tutor

Still no LOCAL FOX in Las Vegas!!!

After waiting 6 months, there is still no local FOX access on DTVNOW in Las Vegas.  There is a local FOX affiliate, so why no FOX?  U Tube TV has it, monthly price is the same as DTVNOW, has the cloud DVR and I am getting ready to jump ship.  Log-time ATT customer and stock-holder and that would be a pain to give money to Google!!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Still no LOCAL FOX in Las Vegas!!!

Sounds like DTVN does not have a carriage agreement with that station.

I'd call the station itself and tell them you'd like to watch them on DTVN. They almost certainly know more about what's happening than anyone here.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Thanks, I'll consider doing that.  I have had on-going double billing (supposed to be fixed now) and when I call in, I always ask about the FOX issue and I'm told it will be coming soon, that agreements are under negotiation.  Hummmmm.....

Message 3 of 7

My experience, in two locations, DTVN has added all the affiliates, one location rather remote. Although, lately I’ve not read much about area lacking, ... actually getting. 

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

I wouldn't put much faith into info about futures that you get from the Support reps.  I doubt seriously that they have access to that sort of info (at least any details) - they just seem to like to tell customers what they think they'd like to hear.  (And you say you "call in"?  To whom?  DirecTV Now doesn't have phone support, just online chat - so if you are actually reaching someone on a phone, they are even less likely to know about DirecTV Now status.) 

Mind you, it is likely that negotiations of some sort are going on at some level or other - they would like to provide customers the major broadcast affiliates, especially in larger markets like Las Vegas.  But if the affiliate is demanding higher carriage fees than DirecTV Now is willing to pay and there is no movement between them (which is apparently not uncommon), then the "negotiations" won't actually make progress.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

1-800-288-2020 and then get to billing as my issue, as stated, was a billing problem.  They can then get you to some quasi-tech people, if you persist enough.  Regardless, they gave me a discount for 3 months.  If at the end of that time, there is no local FOX, I will start the switch to UTube TV, unless something else better is available at that point.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Master

That phone number is for support for U-Verse, DirecTV, ATT Internet, and ATT landlines.  It is specifically not support for other ATT services (which would include DirecTV Now).  With merged accounts, it is quite possible that the reps you contact through that number can credit your account - even for DirecTV Now issues.  However, it seems massively unlikely that anyone there (or that you could be transferred to) would have technical or detailed operational knowledge of DirecTV Now- that's just not how you can reach those people.  So as I said, I wouldn't put too much faith in what they say.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Additional Support