Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sign in to other mobile apps (like HBO Go)

Teacher

Sign in to other mobile apps (like HBO Go)

Will we have the option of signing in to other streaming apps with our DirecTV Now account?  With my old DirecTV account, I could sign in to WatchESPN, HGTV, etc.  It would also be nice to have the ability to sign in to HBO GO.  I realize it's early in the process and most providers will have to add that integration into their verification process, but was just wondering if it was going to be available eventually. 

Message 1 of 15
Teacher

Re: Sign in to other mobile apps (like HBO Go)

Looks like I found the answer in another thread:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Connecting-to-Providers/Online-apps/td-p/4986352

Seems that only access to WatchESPN and HBO NOW will be available.  Just tried HBO NOW, but DirecTV NOW was avaiable as an option.  Again, it's early, I'll wait!

Message 2 of 15
Contributor

Please add CNN and SyFy for app entitlement.  Also will DirecTV Now be recognized as a TV provider for the new single sign on for AppleTVs?

Message 3 of 15
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by davrollins
‎11-30-2016 5:39 AM

Thought this might help

Watching Directv NOW - Live TV 

So far the full list is:

ABC
Disney
Disney Jr.
Disney XD
ESPN (WatchESPN)
Freeform
HBO GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to HBO)
MAX GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to Cinemax)

And the only one that seems to work right now at launch is WatchESPN.

Message 4 of 15
Teacher

Thaks, @jaylsanders  Should have read your post first!  I just went through and checked them all.  Looks like WatchESPN is the only one that lsist DirecTV NOW as an option.

Message 5 of 15
Tutor

I saw on HBO Go and Max Go that DirecTV Now is there if you click on More Providers and it's on the list.  I was able to log into HBO Go but for Max Go it says I don't have a Cinemax subscription, which I do.

Message 6 of 15

All of the channels listed in the post from @jaylsanders allow for 3rd Party signin through Directv Now. Most of the time you have to search through the full list of providers.

Will this list be updated as new channels are added? Or, is this the definitive list?

Message 7 of 15
Contributor

I'd like to know this as well.  Specifically want HGTV.  I contacted HGTV, and they said that they are working to come to an agreement with DIRECTV Now to allow access.  But that doesn't necessarily mean it will ever happen.

Message 8 of 15
Teacher

What is the BOLT On subscription mean?

• HBO GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to HBO)

WE have premium service and now nothing works since the merger. 

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

Thanks for the list jaylsanders.  I also wanted to share something I just learned:

When I first tried to log in to WatchESPN and HBO GO with my Directv Now credentials, I got a "Have we met?" error message on the Directv Now "pop-up" window and I was NOT allowed access.  (I did choose the specific Directv Now as the provider in the longer list on both apps). 

On a lark, I removed two "special characters" from my password, and both apps then authenticated and let me in. Pretty strange that a password that worked everywhere for Directv Now access, wouldn't work for logging into the other two apps.  It was either the special characters or the overall password length.  Something for others to try, if they are having trouble - (and one more thing for Directv Now to put on their very long list of bugs to fix ;-)

Message 10 of 15
ACE - Expert

@dmoore724 wrote:

What is the BOLT On subscription mean?

• HBO GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to HBO)

Means you need to pay the extra $5 a month for HBO.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 15
Contributor

It has been 5 months and the list of mobile apps fits on half of my business card.  Read the article "Directvnow appears to be a total mess". Directv needs to replace everyone in management at directvnow; and try again with a fresh start, real planning, and actual execution.  Going back to previous provider to actually have access to mobile apps! shameful!

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

ATT attempts to provide mobile tv apps and this is the list? ( I think most would call this a failure, again)

So far the full list is:

ABC
Disney
Disney Jr.
Disney XD
ESPN (WatchESPN)
Freeform
HBO GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to HBO)
MAX GO (requires premium bolt-on subscription to Cinemax)

Message 13 of 15
ACE - Expert

Re: Sign in to 25+ other mobile apps

@billyd111 wrote:

ATT attempts to provide mobile tv apps and this is the list? ( I think most would call this a failure, again)

@billyd111 The list is a bit longer than the 8 you listed! It's up to 25+ apps now...

As of right now, these sites/apps allow DirecTV Now network sign in

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423-Can-I-use-my-DIRECTV-NOW-account-to-sign-in-...

And we've discovered that it's not on all devices, I can't activate the HBO Go app on my TiVo for DirecTV or DirecTV Now.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 15
ACE - Master

Re: Sign in to 25+ other mobile apps

@billyd111 -  that was the list when that post was made - 5 months ago.  As @Gary L points out, the list is significantly longer now (and has been for quite some time).  It still isn't long enough, and it's been a while since anything was added, but complaining with an inaccurate complaint doesn't really help make your case...

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support