Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No AT&T Sportsnet on DirectvNow?!

Highlighted
Tutor

No AT&T Sportsnet on DirectvNow?!

Hello,

For financial reasons, recently made changes and jumped from Verizon and Spectrum to AT&T and Directv and ran into a snag. This is killing me!! I cannot get Directv at my house due to the geography and amount of trees so we went with a Roku and Directv now. I am an avid Pens fan and enjoy the Pirates but am saddened that AT&T Sportsnet is included with Directv but not included with DirectvNow. Will this ever be an option? 

Derek Beck

Message 1 of 11
Tutor

Re: No AT&T Sportsnet on DirectvNow?!

Me too.  When will Direct TV Now (owned by AT&T) carry all the ATT Sports Net Channels?!?!?!?!   

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Master

Ever?  Maybe.  When?  No one here would know (we are just other customers).  I'm sure they are aware of the interest.  I assume the reason they don't offer (any) of the ATT Sports net channels yet is because of contractual restrictions (which hopefully would be resolved next time the contracts are re-upped), budgetary issues between the different ATT divisions (which again would hopefully be resolved at some point), or restrictions on the part of the carried teams/leagues that don't allow streaming (this one would be harder to fix) - or perhaps some other issue that doesn't come to mind.  We don't know the reason and I'm sure they won't say, and similarly, they probably won't say what the future intent is (unless and until they actually start offering it).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

Really frustrated with directv now and the fact they don’t have AT&T sports net offered anywhere. Really disappointing. 

Message 4 of 11
Mentor

Did you by chance do you research before signing up for the service?  I knew exactly what channels I was getting with Directv  Now verses all the other options.  Contact customer support & file a complaint with them.  If you want to cut the cord, sacrifices will have to be made.

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

DISH carries it! We will be switching ASAP! Not going another season without watching my Pirates!

Message 6 of 11
Professor

Bob Nutting? Is that you? Since you are the owner of the Pirates, could you please invest more money in to the roster? Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

@Cora2059 wrote:

DISH carries it! We will be switching ASAP! Not going another season without watching my Pirates!

Cora, your forum profile says you live in New York.  If this is correct, moving to DISH to get Roots Sports to watch Pirates games live is going to prove a large disappointment to you.  Since you won't be in the Pittsburg home area, even if DISH gives you the channel, they will black out live games.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

@JefferMC I have a friend who lives a mile from me who made the switch last year.  I literally called her today at 1:05 to see if she was watching the game, and she said absolutely! 

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

Mind telling me her (and your) zip code?

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

Just signed up for direct TV now,glad im cutting the cord. Seems like good service. One thing im bummed about no at t sportsnet. Love watching the pirates 

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support