Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

Will NFL Sunday Ticket be offered to Directv Now Subscribers?
Message 5 of 92
Contributor

Re: NFL Sunday ticket

I guess I won't be getting DirecTv now. It's disappointing that DirecTv won't offer the same packages as they do for their satellite services. In this day and age where internet is available almost everywhere and satellite dishes take away from the beauty of our homes, we are not all eligible to sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service. 

Message 76 of 92
ACE - Professor

If they offered the same thing as the satellite service then you would be paying the same price.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 92
ACE - Master

DirecTV and DirecTV Now are different things.  DirecTV pays the NFL $1.5billion per year for an exclusive to Sunday Ticket, as a way to drive customers to their service (they don't come close to making money on it directly).  Unfortunately for you, neither they nor the NFL is really that concerned about individual customers' preferences about how to get the service - both are businesses trying to maximize their profits.  They would not get that money back by allowing non-DirecTV subscribers to get it unless they charged 3 or 4 times what they do, and I will guess that they looked at that and concluded there was no market for it.  Further, my guess is that even if they could offer it at a lower (more desirable) price, the other NFL rights purchasers (Fox, CBS, others) wouldn't be happy about it, and would lower their offer to the NFL because of the additional competition, and the NFL would not like that (see above about maximizing profit).  I assume that the exceptions that DTV and the NFL allow are to sidestep legal challenges or something like that, not really as a money maker.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 78 of 92

Re: The NFL Sunday ticket

It’s only a matter of time before NFL Sunday Ticket is offered as an add-on option for Directv Now. The boxes/dvrs are now old technology and will be phased out. 

Soon all DirecTV/ATT customers will be streaming Directv content. 

Say goodbye to Sattelite dishes, coax cables and set top boxes/DVRs. 

Message 79 of 92
Contributor

I love NFLSKY .COM. I was looking for an alternative to cable. I found  N F L S K Y . C O M it was the greatest choice have ever made. I have never looked back. Basic cable has never been this inexpensive.

Thanks N F L S K Y . C O M

Message 80 of 92
Contributor

I love NFLSKY . COM. I was looking for an alternative to cable. I found  NFLSKY . COM it was the greatest choice have ever made. I have never looked back. Basic cable has never been this inexpensive.
Thanks NFLSKY . COM .

Message 81 of 92

I understand the $5 increase for DTVN. They have to make  a profit. But to watch AT&T turn around and take $1.50 of that five bucks and give it to those cretins at the NFL Network...that was inexcusable.  

Message 82 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may have to be opened up again

Message 83 of 92

So the Sunday Ticket is available in a few markets now. I was chatting with a rep this morning to find out if they would add all markets before the season starts, and they said no.

They did say that 7 states are eligible. My guess would be California, Arizona, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Texas, Connecticut, and Kentucky. Packages are $55/month for To Go or $75/month for MAX (Which includes the RedZone Channel).

Seems like a very random market selection, so I'm guessing it has to do with some sort of licensing? Not sure why if they own the Sunday Ticket they should be able to do whatever they want. Anyway, I live in PA and haven't had any luck. Even after the rep said I was eligible, and I registered an account, my zip code kept coming up as ineligible.

Not sure if anyone here has had luck,. Hopefully they can get this fixed and provide it to everyone.

Message 84 of 92
Highlighted
Community Support

Good news! Customers may now be eligible for NFL SUNDAY TICKET through DIRECTV NOW. Check out our support site for more details: NFL SUNDAY TICKET (DIRECTV NOW)

And good guess, @Vinnyd1122! Customers now may qualify for a special offer if they live in one of these areas:

• Boston
  • Hartford
  • Los Angeles
  • Louisville
  • Philadelphia
  • Phoenix
  • San Antonio

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 85 of 92
Contributor

I recently had to cancel Directtv (satellite) and move to Directtv now because of poor to zero reception because of growing neighbors trees and no southern view access. Multiple technicians have been out over the past three or four years to possibly move the dish but without luck. We have always had the Sunday Ticket and want to continue but we cannot support the satellite. What can we do. Although not a college student we still no longer have satellite as an option. 

Message 86 of 92
ACE - Master

If you have DTVN and are in one of the cities listed in the post above yours, you can get Sunday Ticket streaming (go here for confirmation, info, and sign up).  If not, but you can't get DTV, you may be able to get Sunday Ticket streaming.  Go here and fill in the info to check if they think you qualify.  If it says no, but DTV says you can't get service, then you'll have to contact them and see if there is anything they can/will do.  The Sunday Ticket "Help Center" is here - at the bottom of the page is a link to chat with Support.

Message 87 of 92

I've been trying for two weeks to get this resolved and I will be starting the NFL season (again) without Sunday Ticket or RedZone.

I live in PA and after being told by 3-4 reps that I am eligible, then yesterday I was told I am not. I went through and was able to create and account, but it does not let me past the billing page because of this. I kept getting the same "you will receive an email or call when the issue is resolved" and never heard anything, so I kept trying. I am done now, it's not worth my time anymore.

It is crazy to me that a company is making it impossible for hundreds of customers to buy their service. Every year the NFL ST subscriptions and DTV subscriptions are hitting all time lows and they don't understand why. MLB, NBA and NHL have no problem providing multiple streaming options to watch games, yet the NFL and DirecTV and oblivious. 

Message 88 of 92
ACE - Master

Where  in Pennsylvania do you live?  The Philadelphia market (or at least part of it) is in the OK'ed area - anywhere else and apparently you are not. 

And as far as them "making it impossible for hundreds of customers to buy their service" - I am very surprised ATT is allowing anyone who could get DTV to get Sunday Ticket without getting DTV.  They don't make money on ST - in fact they lose buckets - and adding a few hundred (or thousand - or hundred thousand) DTVN subscribers isn't going to change that.  DTV is paying the NFL $1.5 billion a year for rights to ST.  At about $300/subscriber, they'd need 5 million to break even - even assuming the Max package at $400 (which isn't available to DTVN customers) it would take over 3 1/2 million - and the guess is that DTV has about 2 million subscribers to ST.  Why do they do it then?  To drive customers to DTV - those 2 million subscribers make them money through their (locked in) DTV subscriptions.  Letting just anyone get ST without DTV might get them a lot of ST customers, but not enough to pay for it (I'm pretty sure there aren't that many hard-core NFL fans who are willing to pay that much), but they likely would lose a good chunk of those 2 million DTV subscribers if they no longer had to have DTV in order to get ST - costing DTV (and ATT) way more than they'd gain from the additional ST subscribers.  

Message 89 of 92

I live on the western side of the state. So yeah, about as far away from Philly as possible. We're in an interesting spot here. Since Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh are all about the same distance, it was designated a Buffalo market. Why? I have no idea since relatively nobody in the area cares about the Bills and everyone else cares about the other two teams. But that's a whole other problem with the NFL. I've gone about 4-5 years without Sunday Ticket. I've tried every fall to find a way to sign up and obviously haven't had any luck. At this point, I have to accept the fact that I cannot get it.

What annoys me is:

1) I was given the wrong information repeatedly by help reps

2) Only a few markets have it available

3) Redzone is not even an option when every other streaming service offers it

I get they want satellite subscribers. But DTV Now should be good enough. We're still paying for the service. I just can't see how anyone would justify the $200/month it would take to pay for TV, NFL ST, dvr boxes, maintenance fees, etc. If they want a commitment or subscription. Give DTV Now customers the option of paying for a year or something so they have us locked in. Then they wouldn't run the risk of someone signing up for 4 months just to get the Sunday Ticket. At this point, I'm probably just going to sign up for SlingTV for 4 months just to get Redzone. If I like it enough I'm just going to get rid of DTV Now all together.

Message 90 of 92
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support