Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

Highlighted

NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

Will NFL Sunday Ticket be offered to Directv Now Subscribers?
Message 5 of 92
Contributor

Access to the NFL Network Channel with Directv NOW??

Will Directv NOW allow you to access the NFL Network using Directv NOW as your cable provider like you can now with your regular Directv login parameters???  I noticed where the NFL Network Channel is currently not included with Directv NOW.

I watch the NFL Network Channel because they carry some of the Thursday Night Football games.

Thanks,

esherman

Message 1 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Access to the NFL Network Channel with Directv NOW??

They only offer logins for Disney owned, HBO and Cinemax. Don't think you will get the NFL network even if they offer it. Also NFL network games are blacked out if you Don't get live NBC or Cbs.. Twitter has the rights to some games you can watch it there free. The rest NBC sports has  but our Dtv now credentials don't work there.

Message 2 of 92
Contributor

Ok ... Thanks for the reply.

esherman

Message 3 of 92
Contributor

NFL network is cbs affiliate, they need to get cbs on board or I'm walking
Message 4 of 92
ACE - Expert

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket DIRECTV NOW

Possibly but I doubt it. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 92
ACE - Master

In the FAQ, they say "Not at this time" - take that as you will.  They do indicate that you can subscribe individually, which I initially thought meant that there was an additional carve-out in the availability conditions specifically for DTVN  customers, but that apparently isn't the case - if you qualify under their regular rules, you qualify (though I could be wrong on that - you may want to contact them to be sure).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 92

It just seems to me that making Sunday Ticket available to its subs would be a no-brainer. It would help with the stagnation it has experienced since March and the poor reputation it is receiving from its glitchy service that has affected every subscriber since Its launch. The app itself whether on the Apple TV or the Roku is pure garbage and I'm essentially down to using the channels own apps to watch most things day after. If they don't make it available then they will surely lose me as a customer as well because I truly don't see the value in having/paying for a service that doesn't work!
Message 8 of 92
ACE - Expert

Well I hate to see you go but if you are not happy with the product I do not blame you. Everyone has needs and wants. DTVN basically provides me with what I want. NFL ticket would not be a killer for me. 

Message 9 of 92
Contributor

It's just like when Verizon limitted you to 2 or 3 crappy phones to use with their pre-paid phone service. The consumer took over, became resiliant, and Verizon, along with other companies were losing money by not allowing you to buy a premium phone. It's the same with the NFL Sunday ticket! Directv are a group of DISGUSTING CRIMINALS with their 2 year contracts. They lie to you, charge you for add-ons thru very misleading advertising, and just like Verizon, are burying themselves in the eyes of consumer. In short, DIRECTV is NOTHING at this point without NFL Sunday ticket, and the consumer increasingly will prefer prepaid over their live for football. Less people paying for the NFL package, means the trend is going pre-paid hastle free like with the major phone companies. Oh, it's coming alright!!! ATT is smarter than the DIRECTV stand alone company of the last 20-30 years. It's only a matter of time at this point, more of a "timing" thing. Yes, they are going to hold-out and leverage the NFL Sunday ticket in order to squeeze every little penny out the butt-cheeks of these current awful 2 year contract holders. People would be "jumping ship" and risk their credit ratings being "attacked" to save money and get out of the contracts, and also out of disgust. "Poke the bear" for so long, and his credit rating doesn't matter. I did, and I could care a less! I quit my contract when my bill escated from $85 to $140. The sales people blatantly lied to me when I signed up. I won't be shafted for the sake of my credit rating, that's not just me, but MILLIONS OF USERS at this point.
Message 10 of 92
ACE - Expert

I agree. Thst is why I would never be a ATT&T customer. These contracts are amazing.

Message 11 of 92
ACE - Master

Believe it or not, there are a lot of consumers who have little or no interest in football, so for whom Sunday Ticket is totally unimportant.  I'd guess that there are a lot of existing DTV customers in that group, and for them DTV would certainly not be nothing without Sunday Ticket.  And I'm pretty sure no one actually held a gun to your head and forced you to sign a contract.

That said, apparently some are really interested and willing to pay a lot to get it, and are willing to sign up with DTV to get it, since it is an exclusive.  So it is a (completely valid) set of business decisions by DTV to keep it exclusive and to charge what they charge.  It is likely also part of their contract with the NFL that it be kept exclusive.  (That might be a reason that it isn't offered to DTVN customers   They are not really the same company from the point of view of carriage contracts - same reason that DTV has content that DTVN doesn't; they can't piggyback off the same contracts.  The other reason, of course, is that they really don't want people to leave DTV for the lower cost - and lower profit - DTVN, so even if they have a choice, they keep it exclusive to their more profitable service.)  And you can demand to get things the way you want them as much as you want, but as long as someone else actually owns the content, they get to make the rules - your choice is to follow their rules or not get the content.

Message 12 of 92
Scholar

Get a VPN to Europe and sign up for NFL Game pass.  You get absolutely everything with online streaming.  

Message 13 of 92
ACE - Expert

I understand that a VPN is the solution when outside of the state's.
Message 14 of 92
Contributor

The NFL Sunday ticket

Can I get the NFL Sunday ticket with Direct TV now?
Message 15 of 92
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support