Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Mobile Hotspot?

Contributor

Mobile Hotspot?

Can I set up my smartphone as a mobile hotspot,  so I can stream Directv Now to  my Chromecast device to be viewed on any television that isn't connected to WiFi without it affecting my data usage ?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Mobile Hotspot?

Sure - any internet connection will work but it does use your data depending on what package you have with your cell provider. No idea what the performance will be based on your speed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTLiz
‎06-25-2018 3:44 PM

Re: Mobile Hotspot?

If you have an ATT wireless plan, you can use your phone as a hotspot, but data consumed on a Chromecast will be charged data (not sponsored).  Only DTVN data consumed (watched) on a mobile device is sponsored.  (Watching on a tablet connected to a phone hotspot would be sponsored, but nothing watched using a TV device would be.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support