Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HBO Go sign in doesn't work

Highlighted
Tutor

HBO Go sign in doesn't work

I got DirectV Now through my AT&T plan. It comes with HBO through DirecTV Now. Some HBO shows apparently are available on DirecTV Now on a delayed basis but are available now on HBO Go. Supposedly we can't sign in to HBO Go using our DirecTV credentials, but when I try, I get a message saying my DirecTV account doesn't include HBO. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Master

Re: HBO Go sign in doesn't work

You may have to do something to activate your HBO and HBO GO access. At one point I logged into DTVN with my (AT&T) phone, it asked me to text something somewhere and when I did HBO showed up in my guide and I could access HBO GO. Sorry I can't recall more details.

But if you are already seeing HBO in your guide, you may need to contact chat support to get it straightened out.

It's possible you are using some special characters in your ID that HBO can't deal with but DTVN can, but that's just one of many possibilities.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by RTBrad321
‎08-05-2018 12:07 PM

Thanks for responding. I actually got help from the DirecTV online chat customer service and he was able to figure out the problem. Turns out, there's a lower character limit to acceptable user names for HBO Go than for DirecTV Now, so even though the instructions say that you can access HBO Go using your DirecTV Now user name, I had to truncate my DirecTV Now user name by dropping the e-mail component of it. Once I did that, I was able to log in to HBO Go and then create a username specific to that app.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
ACE - Master

Great, glad you got it working and this info should be of use to many others.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

You mention HBO GO and later say HBO NOW which you were able to later sign in, confusing...my issue is HBO go

Message 5 of 9

I was having the same issue, and tried the solution of changing my Directv Now user name. I was using my email address, and evidently it too many characters for HBO.. Dropped the @yahoo.com, and it worked!

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I have figured out the solution to this problem

Your "My ATT" user id and password has to be the same as your "ATT WATCH TV user name and ID. 

If you log into your "My ATT" account with a phone number or a regular user ID you have to change it to an email address

ex: if you use user id is "mikegood1234" you need to change it to mikegood1234@gmail.cm

After this HBOGO will let you log in

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

I got it to work on my phone, but it doesn't work on my directvnow. It keeps saying 'Subscribe'. How do I get into a chat????

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It's also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support