Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HBO Go sign in doesn't work

Highlighted
Tutor

HBO Go sign in doesn't work

I got DirectV Now through my AT&T plan. It comes with HBO through DirecTV Now. Some HBO shows apparently are available on DirecTV Now on a delayed basis but are available now on HBO Go. Supposedly we can't sign in to HBO Go using our DirecTV credentials, but when I try, I get a message saying my DirecTV account doesn't include HBO. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 1 of 14
ACE - Master

Re: HBO Go sign in doesn't work

You may have to do something to activate your HBO and HBO GO access. At one point I logged into DTVN with my (AT&T) phone, it asked me to text something somewhere and when I did HBO showed up in my guide and I could access HBO GO. Sorry I can't recall more details.

But if you are already seeing HBO in your guide, you may need to contact chat support to get it straightened out.

It's possible you are using some special characters in your ID that HBO can't deal with but DTVN can, but that's just one of many possibilities.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by RTBrad321
‎08-05-2018 12:07 PM

Thanks for responding. I actually got help from the DirecTV online chat customer service and he was able to figure out the problem. Turns out, there's a lower character limit to acceptable user names for HBO Go than for DirecTV Now, so even though the instructions say that you can access HBO Go using your DirecTV Now user name, I had to truncate my DirecTV Now user name by dropping the e-mail component of it. Once I did that, I was able to log in to HBO Go and then create a username specific to that app.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 14
ACE - Master

Great, glad you got it working and this info should be of use to many others.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14
Contributor

You mention HBO GO and later say HBO NOW which you were able to later sign in, confusing...my issue is HBO go

Message 5 of 14

I was having the same issue, and tried the solution of changing my Directv Now user name. I was using my email address, and evidently it too many characters for HBO.. Dropped the @yahoo.com, and it worked!

Message 6 of 14
Contributor

I have figured out the solution to this problem

Your "My ATT" user id and password has to be the same as your "ATT WATCH TV user name and ID. 

If you log into your "My ATT" account with a phone number or a regular user ID you have to change it to an email address

ex: if you use user id is "mikegood1234" you need to change it to mikegood1234@gmail.cm

After this HBOGO will let you log in

Message 7 of 14
Tutor

I got it to work on my phone, but it doesn't work on my directvnow. It keeps saying 'Subscribe'. How do I get into a chat????

Message 8 of 14
ACE - Expert

Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It's also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

I have spent hours on the phone with I don't know how many people, transferred to this team and that one, everyone "elevates" the problem and then finally tells me "it's a known issue" lots of customers have it, and someone will email me. Meanwhile, I can't watch 90% of the programs from HBO because they're only available online. 

I've tried logging in to HBO with my att.net credentials, my directv credentials, my username instead of my full email, nothing works. Every device, every attempt returns the same message "You don't subscribe to HBO. Contact your cable company."

Message 10 of 14
Tutor

I found out that the reason it failed for me is because you have to go to
the plan page for directvnow and choose the plan with HBO or not. I thought
that when they raised my monthly premium I would get HBO automatically, but
that isn't true. You have to choose that plan.

https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/html/dynamic_channels/compare-
packages-account-dynamic-livealittle.html?source=
-packages-account-dynamic-livealittle.html?source=&iterable_link_id=564345_D
esktop_Body_1_0_a_Link_1> &iterable_link_id=564345_Desktop_Body_1_0_a_Link_1
Message 11 of 14
ACE - Expert

HBO is only included with the 2 new packages PLUS and MAX. You can subscribe to HBO from any of the other packages.

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

Having HBO wasn't the problem for me. Watching online was. No combination of credentials got anything but a standard reply telling me I didn't have HBO, even though it was on my bill and on my tv and every single rep on the phone said I did. 

The problem magically cleared up the day AFTER the Game of Thrones series finale. 

Message 13 of 14
ACE - Expert

@mdjgutie This is mot the DirecTV forum but the forum for the internet streaming service DirecTV Now. You talked to no rep for DirecTV Now because they have no phone support only the chat. 

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support