Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Fire Recast

Highlighted
Tutor

Fire Recast

Directv Now should talk to Amazon about allowing the Directv Now app to access their new Recast box.   I love DTVNow.  Miss my TIVO but not the bill.  Would love to record to a physical hard drive.  Again!!!!! Would love to record to a physical hard drive. Doesn’t have to be Amazons!!!  Save a recorded show for more than 30 days. Fire Recast maybe?? DTVNow gets more storage and Amazon sells more Recasts!!  DTVNow gets more customers.  Be the first to Amazon and lock Sling out!!

Message 1 of 9
Tutor

Re: Fire Recast

Cloud DVR to take with you to be able to watch later on your phone or tablet and a physical drive for everything else!!!

Message 2 of 9
ACE - Expert

Enhancement requests should be provided by using the "Feedback" section located on the bottom of all Help Center pages. This is just a open community forum of users with no support personnel located here.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9
ACE - Master

DTVN does not offer any option to record to local media.

You might look into PlayOn, which will do that:

https://www.playon.tv/

https://www.playon.tv/blog/playon-and-directv-now

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Professor

Directv Now should talk to Amazon about allowing the Directv Now app to access their new Recast box.

@72Morgan, This makes no sense. Fire TV will run the Recast DVR app and already has a DirecTV NOW app as well. If you're talking about integrating both into the same guide, then you're too late. They already made a deal with Playstation Vue who happens to have a far superior service to DTVN to begin with.

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

Thanx. Much appreciated
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

I know!! That’s my suggestion.
I’ve looked into Playon. Looking for a simpler integrated all in one solution.

Best part of Amazon Fire Cube is I don’t have to use 3 remotes anymore. Retired my Bose sound bar remote and my Samsung Tv remote. Just use Fire Cube remote and my voice. Simpler.
Message 7 of 9
Tutor

You misunderstood what I said. True the Recast is integrated into the Fire Stick. It’s very nice that OTA tv shows from the Recast can be played back on the Fire Stick/TV/Cube. Integrated and simple to use. Very nice. But it seems incomplete. But in my case I’m using the DTVNow app on the Fire Cube and it would be more than nice to record shows from The DTVNow app to the Recast box that do not expire in 30 days.

This suggestion applies to Sling and the PlayStation Vue apps as well. Wouldn’t it be nice if your Sling or Vue app could record to the Recast box too!!! And if it did wouldn’t more people buy the Recast and switch to the apps that can access it???

I’m not arguing about which app is best.

With DTVNow I’m paying $25 a month with YES, lifetime HBO and TCM that COMCAST charged xtra for all of them.

Message 8 of 9
Professor

Nice idea. But you can do that today with HDHomeRun and Silicon Dust's streaming service and DVR app. Problem is you lose On Demand access and their lineup is pretty weak. Theirs is the only streaming service I know of that allows recordings of streaming channels to be saved locally. You can also kind of kludge together a similar solution using PlayOn.

Of course you already know that cable and satellite TV can do the same thing but at a much higher cost. If I truly needed to keep my recordings forever, I'd stick with cable/satellite. But I'd rather record/watch/delete and save lots of money.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Additional Support