Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Deleted movies automatically returned by DTN to MY LIBRARY

Highlighted

Deleted movies automatically returned by DTN to MY LIBRARY

Clicking the trashcan/delete icon eliminates the program but then DTN puts it right back into my library!

It is sitting on 5+ hours of precious Cloud storage, how do I finalize my delete request? - Thanks!

[My Background: Using HP ProBook, Windows 7, using latest version of Google Chrome (total program delete, factory reset and re-installation last week, and I clean out the entire cache and history every time. Using Incognito window option. Have 5 bars out of 5 on signal strength. All other running programs closed out. I moved from the free DTN trial week to full monthly subscription 7 days ago. WHAT WORKS: I can play any live stream and current programming via the Guide but that is all!]

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Deleted movies automatically returned by DTN to MY LIBRARY

I have had this happen as well, not just with movies either. I find that programs sometimes reappear in My Library after being deleted. It wouldn't be such a problem if the DVR capacity wasn't Vintage 2001 ReplayTV size. Sometimes, hitting the back arrow (exit) and then re-entering my library will clear the programs. But, sometimes it doesn't.

Message 2 of 5
Scholar

The DVR is still in beta so weird behavior is to be expected.

They say they are getting to the official release "soon". 

Judging from previous betas this means coming out of betas in a couple of years, lol.

Happy 2019. 

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

P.S. this has worked for me for when old deleted recordings reappear.

Don't just delete the old recordings since they will reappear. Try this:

1. Start recording a live TV channel. After a few seconds stop the recording

2. Go to "My Library" and you'll see the new recording and hopefully the older ones too.

3. Delete the recordings you don't need.

This has worked for me for the few times I had a similar problem as the op.

Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Does anyone have recordings show up in your library that you didn't set to record at all?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
New updates, promos and features. View DIRECTV NOW Updates & Promos!
Additional Support