Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

With DIRECTVNOW, you now have the ability to store 20 hours of programming at no extra charge.

• You can keep the content for up to 30 days.
  • Once you reach 20 hours of storage, the oldest recording will be deleted.
  • With True Cloud DVR(beta), we’re still testing things out so you’re likely to see a few updates as we work on it.

RECORDING

• Content Airing Now
    1. While streaming live content, select REC
      • On a computer, REC appears in the lower-right of the video player. 
      • On a mobile device, tap the screen to display additional options and select REC.
    2. A confirmation will display and REC will highlight red.
    3. To watch later, go to My Library > DVR Recordings to view your playlist.
  • Record a scheduled show or series 
    1. Select a scheduled show from the Guide.
    2. Select Record or Record Series to add the title to your DVR Recordings.

At the moment, some channels are not currently available for live recording, such as HBO, HBO Family, HBO Latino, and Cinemax - but stay tuned for more updates.

WATCH A RECORDING AND MANAGER YOUR PLAYLIST

1. Go to My Library > DVR Recordings.
  2. Select a title from your list to watch. Or select Delete Recording to delete.
  3. Select Upcoming Recordings to view what’s scheduled to record. You can delete titles from recording 

TROUBLESHOOTING

• Content not Recording
    • HBO, HBO Family, HBO Latino, and Cinemax are not currently available for live recording.
    • If you are not subscribed to that channel, you will not be able to record it. Check your package to see if you are subscribed to that channel or if it is a local channel or regional sports channel, check to see if it is available to you.
    • You will not be able to record the channel if it is currently not available in your area. If you are traveling, you may no longer be able to access your local channels, so if you are trying to record a show in your area that is not available at your current location, it will give you an error.
    • If the show has no upcoming air dates, it will not allow you to record. If you search for a show and there are no upcoming airings of that show in the next 14 days, you will get an error message stating you are not able to record the show, since there are no listings for that show in the system.
  • Unable to Watch Recording
    • Test to see if you are having the same issue on another device.
    • Restart the device.
    • If still having issues, the program may be corrupt. You may be able to view the content with 72-Hour Rewind or through one of our supported 3rd Party Network Apps or Sites.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 33
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by DIRECTVNOWCare
‎05-31-2018 1:58 PM

Re: DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience - True Cloud DVR (beta)

Learn more about True Cloud DVR (beta) here.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 33
Contributor

I keep having shows being recorded in my library that I have not set to record . I keep deleting them. I have set to record then cancel the recording to try to trouble shoot but three shows keep getting recorded that I did not set to record and do not want and do not want to waste my space and potentially miss a recording that I actually want

Message 3 of 33
Contributor

None of my scheduled recordings show up in my library even when i manually record a show.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 33
Contributor

I think I saw the answer already, but if you record something that is currently broadcasting live you can't actually rewind/fast-forward the broadcast itself. I was watching the Stanley Cup the other night and had to give my kids a bath. I had already started recording when the game started from my phone and halfway through the first period I paused it on my AppleTV to take care of the kids. 30 minutes later I went to un-pause the AppleTV but it went straight to the live feed and I couldn't rewind. The game also was not in my library but the app had carved out 3 hours from my available cloud storage. 

The next morning I saw the game was available in my library. Lesson learned... I just wanted to see if this was a feature that could be added or if it's not possible based on how Cloud DVR works. Thanks.

Message 5 of 33
Contributor

I set to record and it recorded completely different channels. Now they wont delete and keep playing when i try to go get it in the on demand section...oh and the new app has started buffering again. You barely got it fixed before you screwed it up. 

Message 6 of 33
Contributor

Checking out Directv Now and DVR on a one week trial.

Clearly the DVR service is not ready for prime time.

When I tried to view a recorded show it was unavailable.

It did not record a show that I requested to be recorded.

When I was able to playback a recording, got several pauses during playback.

I'm ready to cancel the one week trial after 3 days.

I'll look at it again in another 6 months to see if the issues have been resolved.

In the meantime, I'll stay with PlaystationVue which has a much more reliable service. 

Message 7 of 33
Contributor

DTN is working fine for the most part but the issue I’m having is that I am trying to cast my DVR shows to my TV and I am getting an error saying that function is not available. The shows are recording and I can watch on my iPhone, and I can cast live TV just fine. Anyone else having this issue or is the DVR casting not a function of the app at this point?

Message 8 of 33
Contributor

I have 3 movies recorded and none of them will play...get error message: this content has an issue and can’t play.   Give it another try or select something else to watch.   I know it was working before, but now none of the three movies I recorded will play after the premovie commercial.  It launches the intro and crashes within 1st minute.  Error code 10007-013.  Tried playing on other devices and all beta recording playback crash.  I have 5g cable with extra high  bandwidth and signal consistently strong.  Live plays fine and bookmarked plays fine.  Just the beta dvr function crashed.  Was fine with same recordings 2 hours ago now can’t get anything to work from DVr feature.  Have tried rebooting system, reinstalling app, same thing.  All that’s left to fix is on service end.  Help??

Message 9 of 33
Contributor

Need more help? Feel free to contact the Roku Support Number or for  More info get help from Roku experts. 

Message 10 of 33
Contributor

I am not having the above problems.  But I agree the DVR recording feature is not ready for prime time.  And it is useless to report problems thru the chat service.  They only have the same responses: I understand your concern, you are absolutely right, I am here to fix your problem, let me add a discount to your next month's bill, etc. Same old crap.  I have been using the DVR and it is recording but when I delete the available recording, the available recording hours does not change.  I currently have no recordings saved and it shows I only have 10 hrs available to record when I should have 20 hrs.  I have Amazon Fire TV, went to the managing apps menu and cleared the cache and data on the DirecTV Now app, did not help.  Reinstalled, did not help. Have tried to get help thru Chat and nothing ever happens.  You never hear back from them, you have no idea if they are even working on it. I think it is the worst customer service I have ever seen. And sadly, the streaming service itself is not bad, a few minor glitches, but while they keep trying to add features to the service, they have not fine tuned the existing services.  Make the service work as advertised before you start trying to add features. Right now I am having a hard time trying to decide if I want to keep the service.  You certainly cannot get any feedback from DirecTv Now.  So many aspects of the service are disappointing.  If someone is experiencing the same problem I am having with the DVR recording part of the service, please let me know.

Message 11 of 33
Contributor

I am having the same issue as you, with Apple TV. I have 4 unwatched 1 hours shows currently in the DVR and it shows I only have 3 hours available. Not sure what to do! 

Message 12 of 33
Contributor

I have the same issue! I chatted with a DTN rep.... since there is no phone support and he told me to uninstall the app and reinstall it, then restart my modem. It worked for a couple days then started doing it again. The only thing that has worked is restarting my system.  Since we are a large family and have more than a couple streaming devices when I do an uninstall I have to do re-log in to all the devices for the kids.... this is not ok!!! Lots of trouble just to watch tv. I’m seriously thinking about going back to PlayStation Vue!

Message 13 of 33
Contributor

The DVR service is very unstable. If I pause, it will often restart from the beginning, or resume several minutes before the point at which I paused it. I've also seen issues with grouping, where I would have a program under a single program group that isn't the same program. I've also had frequent performance issues when trying to FF or RW where I get a message about my "internet connectivity." I have 600mbps and my other streaming services like NetFlix have no problems. I prepaid and got an AppleTV, so DirectTVNow has until October to get this DVR service fixed or I will go with Hulu Live.

Message 14 of 33
Contributor

Also having DVR issues. Actually like DTN for the most part but biggest issue that made me decide to cancel after my 3 month pre-paid is up is the fact that you can't extend a recording. Record a lot of sports and missed the end of a baseball game and 2 races the 1st weekend we had it. Tried taping the following shows but there was a 10 min gap between shows. Went from 10 laps left in a race to the winner celebrating in the winners circle. Will check back in a couple of years when my Dish contract is up.

Message 15 of 33
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support