Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Creepy Commercial

Highlighted
Contributor

Creepy Commercial

i don't think I've ever seen a commercial so creepy on the Game Show network, Food TV, and a few other channels that I would never think would want an advertisement on their channel like this one.  Depicting a psychopath, stitching a scalp and putting it on.  Do we really have to be subjected to that?  When you do have commercials saying this next picture may be offensive to some viewers and it's an elderly lady who has fallen.  Makes no sense to me.  Please rethink your playing of this commercial.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Contributor

Re: Creepy Commercial

I agree! It's getting ridiculous the amount of "horror" commercials that we're seeing at all hours of the day on channels that we watch with our kids.  There's absolutely zero reason for us to be subjected to these commercials. 

Message 2 of 6
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎03-19-2019 9:16 AM

I'm not sure who you think you are addressing. This forum is users of the DTVN service, nobody here has the authority to control what ads appear on your screen.

I would contact the network involved, or even the sponsor directly. Not even DTVN has any direct control over advertising as they just pass along the ads inserted by the networks they carry.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I simply replied to a comment.  No need for your rudeness.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Master

Certainly no intentional rudeness on my part, I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Just trying to explain that you were not addressing anyone who can do anything about the problem, and to suggest some more avenues that might be more successful.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Professor

DirecTV Now has absolutely no control over what commercials play on the Game Show Network, Food TV, or any other channel. @beww357 wasn't being rude at all, just stating the fact. If you object to a commercial shown on a channel, contact the channel where you saw it.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Additional Support