Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area missing from listings

Teacher

Comcast Sports Bay Area missing from listings

I used to be able to watch CSN Bay Area but now I can't see it anymore from my fire tv. Is anyone having this issue? Please fix ASAP!
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 24
Teacher

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area missing from listings

Missing from my guide as well, Apple TV and Safari browser. It's always one step forward, and two steps back with the updates to the app.

Message 2 of 24
Contributor

Same here on Apple TV - also in the Bay Area. At first I wasn't able to watch any games on CSN via DirecTV Now. Then for the last 3 or 4 days it worked and all seemed fine. Now it just disappeared from the guide. 

The whole service is just too full of bugs and inconsistencies. In my opinion, not good enough for a launch and definitely not good enough to retain me as a customer. I will be away of the country for 3 weeks and just waiting to come back to cancel. I was really hyped about it. Shame AT&T didn't deliver...

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 24
Teacher

I agree that this should really be treated as a soft release rather than a full release. That said, we are on day 11 and for me at least the service has been OK - using Mac, iPhone, and Firestick for access. I think the first real test will be after 30 days to see if those you signed up for a month to get a free firestick stay. The next test will be at the 90 day mark. So, those are the two key dates that they have to be mindful of as they seek to improve their service.

Message 4 of 24
Tutor

I was able to get CSN Bay Area to watch the Memphis game yesterday.  Today was a different story:  no CSN Bay Area in the Direct TV Now Guide = no Warriors-Raptors game.   Access to Warriors games was the only reason I joined Direct Now.

A Direct Now chat agent informed me that the engineers were working on it.  No esitmate of when the problem would be resolved.  He said to just keep checking the Guide.

Message 5 of 24
Contributor

Similar situation for me: I was able to see CSN Bay Area (and CSN California) in the guide listings yesterday, and actually watched the Warriors v. Grizzlies game. But today, the CSN channels disappeared from my guide listing. This is actually the first time it's happened to me since joining DirecTV Now a couple weeks ago.

Message 6 of 24
Tutor

It's 10 pm on Sunday 12/11 now.  CSN Bay Area and CSN California are sitll MIA in the Guide.

Unable to contact Chat Agent because there are probably way more complaints coming in than there are service representatives.

Could a Direct Now engineer or rep tell us what's going on via this Forum site?  Better yet, just fix the problem!

Message 7 of 24
Voyager

I wish there was more transparency on the RSN issues, although I'm sure they're scrambling internally. Is this an engineering thing? Is this a licensing/contract thing? Was it a known issue prior to launch (there should be a known issues list somewhere), or was it just not tested properly before rollout? The price for RSN's is a HUGE selling factor for this service, and AT&T failed to nail this one at launch.

I noticed a few days ago, once they got CSN-BA streaming the Warriors, that I was also able to watch the Kings on CSN-CA. However, my zip code is in the yes-Warriors, no-Kings NBA zone, and I shouldn't have gotten the Kings game. My THEORY is that they pulled down both the RSN's our area until they get the blackouts working properly by location.

Rollouts on this scale are HARD and sports licensing is INSANE. Yes, AT&T over promised and failed us at launch. But for me, the fundamentals of the service have been really good (great picture quality, overall good streaming experience), so I'm hopeful this will get resolved. I've seen posts from folks who canceled their cable subscriptions on day 1 and are upset with the RSN service: to those folks I say, you've got more faith in AT&T than I do. 

Message 8 of 24
Teacher

I spoke to a rep online and they ackownledged that this is an issue. They said their engineers are working on this and there is no ETA as to when it will be fixed. I also reported that NFL on Fox is blacked out when it shouldn't and also some channel listings are showing incorrect programs airing. DirecTV is a big mess right now and this all should've been QA prior to launch. I feel that those who committed should be comphensated in someway. 

Message 9 of 24

They lie. There's nothing to "engineer" with this. Unless their engineer is the guy with the money, writing the checks.

Message 10 of 24
Teacher

Dang, my CSN channels also disappeared from the guide on the 11th as well. 

I sincerely hope this gets corrected soon...I'm not holding my breath though.

Message 11 of 24
Teacher

still no fix as of today....come on Directv get it together!
Message 12 of 24
Highlighted
Tutor

My guess is that isn't not a monetary issue. More than likely streams are showing in the wrong zipcodes and without risking anything, they decided to pull them until it is all corrected and then they will be added back to the guides. 

Well, I contradicted myself. If they get fined for putting the wrong streams of games in the wrong areas, yeah. Hopefully this will be resolved soon

Message 13 of 24
Contributor

I ain't with Comcast am I
Message 14 of 24
Teacher

CSNBA is back here, now to see what happens at 7pm tonight...

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support