Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Yeah I chatted with a rep yesterday that said a fix might not happen until FIRST HALF OF 2017. But of course the answer changes every time someone contacts them.
Message 121 of 132
Tutor

This may be jumping the gun, but couldn't there be legal repercusions for essentially a bait and switch?

Message 122 of 132
Tutor

My two Comcast sports channels disappeared from the guide on Sunday and haven't returned.  Missed another Warriors game tonight.  It's not on my fire stick nor any of my PC's.  Paid for 100+ channels which included comcast sports like many others and it's not there.  Chatted with support Sunday and they said it was a known issue.  Their "solution" is just an excuse.  Please fix it

Anyone else in the bay area notice NBC available on one device and not another?  On a PC it's in my guide.  On my Fire stick a no show (live streaming).  The network is available for shows only

Message 123 of 132

I am the original poster of this thread. I missed the game too and have just filed a dispute with my credit card company.

I would have been happy with an extension of my subscription for as long as the service is broken, but I can't even get through to the chat agents and there is no phone number.

Obviously att has not provided any help in this thread...
Message 124 of 132
Teacher

[Edited to comply with Guidelines] Don't worry, they will either extend our accounts or pay up. This is against the law.

Message 125 of 132
Teacher

Also, is this working on Ios devices for anyone?

Message 126 of 132
Teacher

CSN Bay Area no longer shows up on my guide either. I broke down and started a Playstation Vue free trial just to watch the Warriors game toight. My patience is running very thin, this should be a simple update as the channels worked before (although not consistenly).

DirecTV: Please tell us if the CSN channels are being removed permanately or if this is a temporary issue. We would also appreciate an extension on our subscription as the CSN channels were promised to us and were a primary reason from cutting the cord and trying DirecTV Now.

Message 127 of 132

Still missing from the Guide, still missing from Search, but credit to DVTN... I'm one of the lucky few who favorited CSN California before they disappeared and it still only shows up as a blank icon under 'What's On Now' on the AppleTV but I was able to watch the entire Sharks game tonight, blackout free.

Message 128 of 132
Mentor

Not showing in What's on Now for me

Edit: On my phone both CSN Bay Area and CSN CA are showing in the Whats on Now section. They are not showing on my Fire TV.
Message 129 of 132
Tutor

From browsing through all these threads, I have seen similar reports from OKC, here in San Antonio, South Louisiana, and parts of California, including the Bay Area.  Looks like the regional sports channels are generally broken across the board on this service.  Those of us getting channels are getting inapproripiate blackouts, or the wrong regional channel feed all together.

Sounds like a systemic design issue, and due to AT&T's total lack of forethought there's no real support mechanism in place to resolve these issues.  Cutting costs by cutting technical support is not the way to get customers.  Especially with a new service.  This sounds more and more like the issues they were having when U-Verse first rolled out here in San Antonio during the initial testing phase.  For months, nothing worked correctly.  I guess the same thing is happening with DirecTV Now, except on a national scale all at once. 

Message 130 of 132
Contributor

CSN CA Missing DirecTV Now (95008)

Cannot find this channel to watch the Sharks game tonight. Have the Go Big package! CSN Bay Area shows, but not CSN CA

Message 131 of 132
Tutor

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

I have the same problem. Here is a workaround that worked for me. Get the NBC Sports app. It will ask you for your provider and DirecTV now is on the dropdown list. Register your account with them and then you will be able to watch the Warriord games on the app. I cast the show into my big TV using chromecast and it works great. 

It really is dumb that you can't access the games directly through the DirecTV NOW app, but until they get their stuff together, streaming via the NBC app will work.

Message 132 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support