Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

HELLO DIRECT TV NOW SUPPORT,

CAN WE PLEASE GET A MORE CLEAR ANSWER ON THIS.. CSN BAY AREA IS CLEARLY OFFERED AS PER THE PDF FOR MY ZIP CODE for WARRIORS GAMES, THEN WHY ARE WARRIORS GAMES BEING BLACKED??
IF YOU CANNOT OFFER THE WARRIOR GAMES, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS GARBAGE TO ME..

Thanks..

Message 31 of 132
Tutor

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

this is what they are telling me in chat.  I dont understand what they are trying to say

Yes, the PDF includes the service however, the channel is still subject to black out specially if the channel is not in contract with DIRECTVNOW.

Message 32 of 132
Contributor

Re: Comcast sportsnet Bay Area "Sorry, this program is not available in this area through Direc

Same issue here. Happened with the Kings game yesterday as well.

Message 33 of 132
Tutor

Re: Comcast sportsnet Bay Area "Sorry, this program is not available in this area through Direc

DIRECTVNOW:  PLEASE PROVIDE US SOME GUIDANCE.  FOR BAY AREA RESIDENTS, WHICH WARRIORS (AND SF GIANTS) GAMES ARE NOT BLACKED OUT.  YOUR ADVERTISING TO GET US TO SIGN UP SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT YOUR SERVICE INCLUDED WARRIORS AND GIANTS IN MY ZIP CODE.  NOT SURE WE ALL TAKE THIS, BUT THIS IS AN UNFAIR AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE.  I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU'RE MONITORING THIS COMMUNITY FORUM AND WE ALL WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT NOW.  OTHERWISE, IT MAY NOT BE DIRECTVNOW FOR LONG! 

Message 34 of 132
Tutor

Same issue here. Why bother listing the warriors as available in my zip code if it's going to be blacked out?
Message 35 of 132
Tutor

btw, I have PS Vue as well and guess what, I'm watching the game there (as I write this) while it is blacked out on DTVNow?!

I also live in the bay area and one of the reasons for getting DTVNow was the warriors.

Message 36 of 132
Mentor

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

I was told that the local channel has the ability to black the games out.

We need a communications attorney to explain NBA local blackouts here.

What I really want to know is of this is permanent or temporary. If temporary when will we be able to watch the games.
Message 37 of 132
Mentor

I have read DTV Nows generic answers to the regional sports problems that are affecting sports fans and their local Fox Sports Net channels. Please don't quote sites to check out as that does not answer our questions. Are the local spinoff FSN channels going to be available soon? Example: FSN S.W. Is showing only the Dallas region. Are those of us out of that market going to be able to receive (In my instance) OKC Thunder, or (San Antonio area) Spurs games? Be specific, Yes or No? If this is going to be rectified, then I will remain a viewer. If not, then we deserve to have a truthful answer.

Message 38 of 132
Teacher

Golden State Warriors blacked out in the Bay Area.

I am in a 94XXX zipcode and per this link: https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/buyflow/Regional_Sports_Networks_on_DIRECTVNOW.pdf I should be able to view the Warriors game via Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area. The feed will come on for a few seconds and then blackout for minutes. This hasn't worked for me since I signed up on 12/1/2016. The station works when the Warriors are not playing, I am being blacked out by mistake.

Message 39 of 132
Tutor

This is bullcrap.  How do we get our money back?  I already pre-paid for the 3-month package.  There's no reason to subscribe to this without Warriors games.

Message 40 of 132
Tutor

....and tonight's game against Phoenix is NOT on any national channels...still blacked out.

Message 41 of 132
Contributor

same issue, major bullspit going on here

Message 42 of 132
Contributor

yeah this is embarassing.  I invited family and friends over for the game tonight.  But obviously it did not work.  Not only is ths this deceptive but the customer service is horrible.  No phone number to call and now no chat.  I was referring family and friends now i am telling them to stay away.  As i see it we should be refunded including the fees some of us paid to break our contracts with other tv providers.  This does not even count the fact that now my family and i had to go spending money to watch the game at a bar.  Thanks ATT, Super lame!   I wil be writing about this in the BBB, yelp, google, etc.  Potential clients should be warned.

Message 43 of 132

considering direct tv themselves published on their site via the link below that they offer the channel for your zip code, if they dont clear this mess up or not offer a refund, i would just go to my bank and dispute the charge based on wrong/misleading information provided by the seller at the time of purchase.  

this is frustrating..

All please make sure you have downloaded a copy of the pdf before it is taken down..

https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/buyflow/Regional_Sports_Networks_on_DIRECTVNOW.pdf

Message 44 of 132
Teacher

I am having the same problem, Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area is mistakenly blacked out with no national channel to watch the game. This needs to be fixed right away.

Message 45 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support