Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132
Mentor

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

East Bay and the games are blocked as well. This was the reason I signed up. Disappointed.
Message 16 of 132
Contributor

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

Carmichael and Kings are blocked despite it listing kings as available on their pdf listing reginal sports networks available.

Message 17 of 132
Tutor

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

Looks like the problem is not resolved yet.  I am hitting the same problem now..  Do you guys have the same problem with CSN Bay area ?

Message 18 of 132
Teacher

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Are there any live sports not blacked out on the CSN BA or CSN CA stations?

All live sports appear to be blacke dou on these stations.

Message 20 of 132
Mentor

As soon as the pregame was over it turned black and stated not available through Directv Now. So instead of cutting the cord I'm paying for two TV services for 3 months until I can cancel Directv Now. What a mess.
Message 19 of 132

Comcast sportsnet Bay Area "Sorry, this program is not available in this area through Direct TV NOW"

Hi,

I am a paid subscriber of Direct TV now, and am trying to watch the Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area channel for an NBA game.  I am getting the message "Sorry, this program is not available in this area through DirectTV now" even though my zip code is listed as one where this channel is available.

There is no way to contact support other than these forums.  The chat link for DirectTV now says all agents are busy and to use the forums.  I have pre-paid for 3 months of the service.  With no way to contact anybody for help, I will have to dispute the charge with my credit card company if issues like this cannot be resolved.

Message 21 of 132
Mentor

That is my experience too. Haven't been able to watch any live NBA or NHL on regional sports networks since I signed up for dtv now on 12/1.
Message 22 of 132
Tutor

Dont know how to escalate this issue.. Contacting them through twitter, though the response is slow.  

Message 23 of 132

It seems like no one at DirectTV or AT&T is monitoring the support forums.  I've never been able to get into their chat and there isn't a phone number to call, which leads me to believe that this service is not supported.  It also means that DirectTV doesn't care for its customers.  This is not a good way for the service to debut and I'm very close to walking if this doesn't get resolved by next game.  

Message 24 of 132

The fact that you have to go to social media to get some attention is a really bad sign. 

Whoever is the AT&T executive behind this service should be ashamed for releasing a product without adequate support.  

Message 25 of 132

The PDF for regional sports (https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/buyflow/Regional_Sports_Networks_on_DIRECTVNOW.pdf) seems misleading then. It lists the Warriors next to CSN Bay Area for most of the 94xxx and 95xxx zip codes. Why does it say that? What am I supposed to be getting as a customer?
Message 26 of 132

That's exactly the issue!  The pdf says that Warrior games are included yet they are blacked out.  

Message 27 of 132
Mentor

"TV Beyond your Wildest Streams"

Streams = Nightmares

Total joke. I'd love to know how many customers PlayStation Vue picks up because of this.
Message 28 of 132
Tutor

Re: Comcast sportsnet Bay Area "Sorry, this program is not available in this area through Direc

I have the same issue too. My zip code is 94587 and it's listed as one of the area available to receive the warriors game on CSN Bay Area. This was the main reason I signed up for the service.
Message 29 of 132
Contributor

I got Directv NOW just to watch the games!!! I want a refund!

Message 30 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support