Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Message 1 of 132
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎12-21-2016 9:52 AM

Re: Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

Hi @GoCalBears,

You will find Blackout information here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to check out our Help Center.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 132
Tutor

Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

Hi, I am unable to watch CSN Bay area live  program (Warrior games).  when the game was live, I got this error message.

sorry this program is not available in this area through directv now

I got this error message in my Ipad and Chrome browser on PC.  I was watching from 95134 zip code.  CSN Bay area is supported in this zip code.  Can you please let me know why I get this error message ?

Message 3 of 132
Mentor

Re: Couldnt watch CSN Bay Area Live

I had the same issue at zip 94556. Warriors coverage was the reason I paid for the service. Chat had no clue but to say that the local channel has the option to block streams of their games. What's the point of a RSN if you can't watch games? I was persistent about canceling and a rebate but she would not budge. If what she said is true I feel misinformed at sign up.
Message 4 of 132
Tutor

I agree, I paid for this service for watching Warrior games.. It was disappointing to get that error message.  Luckily the game was on TNT too.  Chat agents were not able to help.  If this is a problem, I will cancel the service too.

Message 5 of 132
Mentor

Looks like a common issue in multiple regions.

https://forums.att.com/t5/General-Questions/RSN-s-Regional-Sports-Networks/m-p/4988343

Disappointing.
Message 6 of 132
Mentor

Maybe we have the solution. You were able to watch the game through Directv Now on TNT? I switched to my cable CSN.

Copied from another forum.
"If a network that DIRECTVNOW carries - such as ESPN, TNT, TBS, or USA - has the national rights to broadcast a game, DIRECTV customers will be able to see it on those channels"
Message 7 of 132
Tutor

Yes, I was able to watch it on TNT, using Directv now app.  Hopefully, we will be able to watch next game on CSN Bayarea as it is not nationally televised.  Lets see what happens.. Thanks for sharing this !!

Message 8 of 132
Mentor

Let's check in tomorrow night then
Message 9 of 132
Scholar

My zip is 95823 and i don't see CSN Bay Area. I used to have both CSNBA and CSNCA.
Message 10 of 132
Highlighted
Mentor

CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

I have my billing zipcode set to and I phycially reside in the area covered by CSN Bay Area and CSN California.  But all the local games featured in these channels were blocked.  Please help!

Message 11 of 132
Teacher

Same thing happened to me with the Celtics on Comcast Sportsnet New England. Wednesday was nationally televised on NBAtv so I thought that was the issue. They played again tonight, but not on National TV and it was still blacked out. I did a chat session and the person I talked to said it was a known issue that they are working to fix. I don't have complete faith in their support yet, but hopefully he was telling the truth.

Message 12 of 132
Tutor

Oh, no.. thats not good.. I asked for help through twitter.  They are just pointing to the channel lookup tool based on zip code :-(

Tags (2)
Message 13 of 132

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

Same here.  I should have both, but CSN Bay Area isn't even showing up as an option.  Live in Sacramento and when I try to watch a Sharks or Kings game, it's blacked out until the game is over.

Message 14 of 132
Scholar

Re: CSN Bay Area and CSN California not available despite covered zip code and location

Same here...from Sactown.

Message 15 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support