Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channel Guide

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Contributor

Channel Guide

I'm use to viewing my guide by channel number instead of the channel letters.  Is there a way to fileter by numbers?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎06-21-2018 6:41 AM

Re: Channel Guide

Nope - its not cable.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Master

Most streaming devices have no way to enter numbers, so streaming services don't use them. Even if you have a remote with numbers (a Harmony for example), no codes are assigned and the apps would have no way to interpret them anyway.

The networks are in alphabetical order more or less (they count "the" improperly for example).

I find the network logos on the guide to be too small vertically, making them hard to read, but otherwise I have got used to the way it is. I was at my brother's the other day and was momentarily taken aback by channel numbers. :-)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

I think there are improvements that could be made to the channel navigation mechanisms provided, but I don't think channel numbers help - as @beww357 said, there's no easy way to enter them (in fact, on the streaming devices it would be very inconvenient).

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

They could at least group similar channels together.  News, Comedy, Locals, Sports, etc...   Not Rocket Science!

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

It's not rocket science because we know how to do that. I'm not sure how they could do what you suggest, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Channel numbers and a "back" button are probably the two things most missed by new users, until they figure out they don't need either.

Voice control of some sort (Siri? Alexa?) is probably going to happen eventually, though I would not use it.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support