Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4k Content

Announcements...
Learn all about the recent Changes to DIRECTV NOW Packages!
Tutor

4k Content

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of 4k content that is available on DTVN? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: 4k Content

There is nothing in 4K on DirectvNow.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Teacher

As of now there’s no 4K available, but  supposedly it’s coming in the near future.

Message 3 of 6
Professor

No network broadcasts in 4k

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Master

So - to sum up: The service's technology  doesn't currently support 4K - that is reportedly going to change later this year - so even if there was 4K content, they couldn't sent it to you.  And there is no 4K content - currently none of the content providers they offer provides anything in 4K.  That is likely to start changing (slowly) over the next year or two.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

You won't find any 4K on DTVN, or most cable or satellite systems either, or any OTT streaming service I'm aware of.

Assuming your streaming device and your TV set support it, try searching the app store for whatever device you are using for 4K channels. Netflix has some 4K offerings. Be aware you will need more internet speed than standard HD requires.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support