Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error code 50001-001

Tutor

Error code 50001-001

Trying to watch the ATT TV app on my Samsung Smart TV but I keep getting an error say "Something went wrong. Please try again later" with a code of 50001-001 on the bottom right corner. I have re installed the app numerous times. 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Error code 50001-001

Your first problem is the Samsung Smart TV. The AT&T TV Now app for the Samsung is just horrible. Many. and I mean many, subscribers have had serious issues with the app. You can search the forum for information. Anyways, most subscribers that still want to use the service have opted to go with external devices.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

What device is recommended to use instead of smart tv app?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

Any of the supported devices (I prefer Roku or Amazon Fire Fire products). List is here

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

That is insane! At&t should fix their app not tell customers to go buy another device just to use your service! The better advice is find a different service provider, every other company offering the same service have apps that actually work! Shop around! 

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

I am not an AT&T employee and not telling anyone to buy anything. Only offering advice to subscribers who want to use the service.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to fix AT&T TV errors. View AT&T TV Troubleshooting!
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support