Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT WatchTV and Roku

Teacher

ATT WatchTV and Roku

I signed yesterday for the  AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless plan and was told i could use the WatchTv app on my roku but don'r see a WatchTV app. Am I missing it?

Thanks

Brad

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 55

Re: ATT WatchTV and Roku

“It was supposed to be out at launch.

Probably should have double checked that before you switched  Smiley Wink

Wow. What a douchey answer. 

Tags (1)
Message 31 of 55
Teacher

No Roku support. Come on AT&T just let your customers enjoy Directv Now and AT&T WatchTV on Roku. Philo offers about the same channel line up with way more features than you.

Message 32 of 55
Contributor

i have a cromecast built in and when i look for the app in google store it does not show up.

please clarify

Message 33 of 55
Teacher

Unfortunately Roku and Chromecast are not supported by this streaming service. AT&T is giving its customers a hard time. Good thing is we have plenty of options out there.

ATT WatchTV.jpeg

Message 34 of 55
Tutor

I have the app on my Android phone and stream to my Chromecast and it works perfectly. You are mistaken.

Message 35 of 55
Contributor

I worked with and for AT&T for many years. Believe me, creating a Roku app would be one of the smallest challenges they would face compared to many other services they offer.

Know it's been a little while on this thread but was brought here by searching for Watch TV and Roku. I am looking to move over to my old plan or possible switch over to T-mobile because of the savings and generous data plans and I want to use a hotspot more than i do currently. I inquired about a new plan and too was just told by the customer service agent about watch tv and a roku app was available even this many months later. That's why i always check for myself and make sure services include or really have the functionality promised.

Watch TV isn't a solution for me or others until it has DVR functionality and Roku Support. I'd pay extra for DVR functionality as i currently use Youtube TV and love it.

Message 36 of 55
Contributor

Perhaps AT&T is   just publishing the truth about their services as they think it ought to be.   [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 37 of 55
Tutor

So what is the timetable for this app to be done .

you have a decent product at a fair price.unfortunate that it’s not available !?!?

Message 38 of 55
Teacher

Maybe never because they are too busy changing plans, increasing prices and removing channels. That's a lot of work to be done. I just got to the point that all this abuse makes me even cancel more services and spend less time in front of the tv. 

Message 39 of 55
Tutor

Or if it’s not gonna happen? Let me know so I can cancel my subscription.

Message 40 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually would be more like a Hillary corporation!!

Message 41 of 55

The solution to cast At&T Watch on Roku is to the HBO Go website on your PC/Mac first. Sign in using the AT&T Watch from the drop-down menu. Once that is completed, a window will pop up asking you to enter your AT&T watch credentials. Once that first step is completed, you will be prompted to set up within HBO Go a new username, email address and enter a zip code. The process will then be activated. Lastly, to steam on Roku. download the app HBO Go and complete the activation sign up with the code shown on the TV screen.

Message 42 of 55
Contributor

the at&t watch does account does not allow for the creation of an hbo go account

Message 43 of 55
Teacher

Anybody tried this with STARZ?

Thanks.

Message 44 of 55
Contributor

I had to buy a fire stick a few weeks back i like roku better than fire stick the remote i dont like

Message 45 of 55
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support