Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: ATT WatchTV and Roku

Teacher

ATT WatchTV and Roku

I signed yesterday for the  AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless plan and was told i could use the WatchTv app on my roku but don'r see a WatchTV app. Am I missing it?

Thanks

Brad

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 55
ACE - Expert

@Bhughes wrote:

I signed yesterday for the  AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless plan and was told i could use the WatchTv app on my roku but don'r see a WatchTV app. Am I missing it?

It was supposed to be out at launch.

Probably should have double checked that before you switched  Smiley Wink

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 55
ACE - Sage

I don’t see Roku 

https://www.attwatchtv.com

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 55
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

I don’t see Roku 

That's because it's not available  Smiley Wink

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 4 of 55
Contributor

I was told by representative over the phone that ROKU would work. I bought roku just for that reason!

I found this online as well:

In addition to your phones, WatchTV will work on Roku, Apple TVGoogle Chromecast and Safari and Chrome browsers. Standalone WatchTV customers won't be able to add premium channels like HBO -- that is reserved for the premium unlimited tier or DirecTV Now customers. AT&T, however, is looking at that option. 

Message 5 of 55
ACE - Expert

@javidesign wrote:

I found this online as well:

In addition to your phones, WatchTV will work on Roku, Apple TVGoogle Chromecast and Safari and Chrome browsers. Standalone WatchTV customers won't be able to add premium channels like HBO -- that is reserved for the premium unlimited tier or DirecTV Now customers. AT&T, however, is looking at that option. 

That's an article from CNET (not AT&T) from before the release. 

I was told by representative over the phone that ROKU would work. I bought roku just for that reason!

I would return the Roku while you are still in the return period.

You can still get a $180 AppleTV for only $105 at https://www.directvnow.com/appletv (and you get 3 months of DirecTV Now free, just be sure to cancel as you'll pay for the 4th).

Message 6 of 55
Tutor

Hi there,

I was excited to see if it was for ROKU as well, I looked on the channels and no AT&T Watch TV. They keep saying that it's supported, but nothing. If they had ROKU support, i'd definitely upgrade to this plan. but as for now, i'm sticking with my choice enhanced plan.

Message 7 of 55
Mentor

Come on att you launch this and advertise its Roku and it’s not. 

Message 8 of 55
ACE - Sage

@scottadus

Um, WHERE?   

The skuttlebutt before release was it would be available on a list of devices.  Upon release, the advertised list of  devices does not include Roku.  Rumor from other parties is not advertising.  

Where in this ad for the service do you see Roku?  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 9 of 55
Mentor

Well its crap cause im not going to buy another streaming device I already have a roku and 15$ a month is great for this but I cant use it without spending 100's more on another streaming device then its dead in the water.

I just cancelled. Att is really going down hill, Raising their prices, new fees they don't tell you about.

Tmobile looking better and better.

Message 10 of 55
ACE - Sage

@scottadus

I dont see see this as a downhill trend because the rumors were wrong.  🙄.  

Message 11 of 55
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎07-02-2018 10:57 AM

WatchTV currently has the following as supported devices:

APPLE

iPhone (iOS 10+)

iPad (iOS 10+)

iPod Touch (iOS 10+)

ANDROID

Android phones (5.0 and higher)

Android tablets (5.0 and higher)

CHROME

Chrome 58+

SAFARI

Safari 10+

APPLE TV

Apple TV (4th Generation)

Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)

AMAZON FIRE TV

Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher)

Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher)

Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

GOOGLE CHROMECAST

Chromecast Built-in TV

Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)

--

For more updates on devices:

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 55
Teacher

Not sure how I would of checked it, according to the sales rep it's supposed to be there and I'm still not sure of the exact name of the app. Also this is just a benefit I was losing my bill from a previous plan .
Message 13 of 55
Teacher

I'll just have to use my chromecast for now. I think its listed on the plan page I'll have to recheck.
Message 14 of 55
Teacher

If you look at Plan details on the ATT.com site under Unlimited &More(SM) Premium plan this is the text that appears.

30+ channels, live & on demand with WatchTV
Get 30+ channels of live TV and on-demand entertainment.

Stream the latest movies, shows, sports, breaking news & more. Watch on your big screen with Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV & Roku, or on your mobile device.

Message 15 of 55
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support