Explore & discover

Helpful Links

IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL THE WATCHTV SERVICE

Highlighted
Contributor

IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL THE WATCHTV SERVICE

I cancelled WATCH TV on August 2018 TV) by removing the app, and after fruitless searching, contacting AT&T via phone. The Wireless TV department assured me that it was removed from my account.  I was unable to cancel it using my WatchTV App, because it suddenly stopped working on both of my Samsung tablets. Yet Watch TV is STILL deducting $15 from my back account. This amounts to THEFT. Since It is impossible to contact anyone verbally or via email regarding WatchTV, I have had no choice but to have my bank refuse any Watch TV deductions from my bank account. Let this stand as my notice.

Message 1 of 12

Re: IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL THE WATCHTV SERVICE

If you have AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM or AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium, sign into myAT&T and under the ‘My wireless’ section, select Manage my plan

Deleting an app doesn't do anything.

Message 2 of 12
Contributor

Sorry, I do not have those. And when I visited the WatchTV page online via My AT&T, I always end up on the same blue WatchTV promo page asking me to sign in over and over and over and over again, with no way to resign from this WatchTV service. Even the support chat on that page doesn't work.

Twice I have talked to AT&T Support via phone and after HOURS of back and forth, both times they assured me that I was now unsubscribed from Watch TV. 

Message 3 of 12

Try a Chrome browser on one of your devices, or on a computer at the library.

Message 4 of 12
ACE - Sage

Try Watch TV chat here.  https://www.attwatchtv.com/faqs

You have to cancel the service.  Deleting the app does nothing.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12
Teacher

Tried all of above and am unable to cancel . Was caught in vortex of circular sign in. Please help. Do not want to block as then ATT will file collection account for unpaid bill.

Message 6 of 12
Teacher

did not work

Message 7 of 12
Teacher

tried logging in w/ chrome...did not work

Message 8 of 12
Teacher

This sent me back to WatchTV sign in which started the inability to login to Watch tv again. Please help!

Message 9 of 12
Teacher

Didn't work ... 

Message 10 of 12
Teacher

didn't work

Message 11 of 12

And when I visited the WatchTV page online via My AT&T, I always end up on the same blue WatchTV promo page asking me to sign in over and over and over and over again, with no way to resign from this WatchTV service

You have to sign into your WatchTV account in order to cancel the service. From the terms of service:

You may cancel at any time at www.attwatchtv.com/accounts/overview.

That's the only way to cancel. Deleting the app, calling AT&T, nothing else will cancel your WatchTV account.

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Stream live TV with the AT&T WatchTV app! View WatchTV Help!
Additional Support