Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Community Support

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

AT&T Debuts “WatchTV” With 2 New Unlimited Wireless Plans – and here’s what you need to know:

WatchTV Logo.jpg

What’s WatchTV?

WatchTV is our new streaming app that gives you 30+ live TV channels (channel list in the solution below), including 15,000+ on-demand titles. WatchTV can be purchased by itself for $15 a month. Simply download the app from your respective app stores, and dive into your entertainment.

1. Go to www.attwatchtv.com
  2. Click the “Start your free trial” button
  3. Create an account by entering a valid email address and password and setting up your User ID
  4. Follow the instructions and enter your payment information. After the 7-day free trial, you’ll automatically be charged $15 a month until you cancel.

Note: At the moment, you may only stream on one device at a time.

Endless_Entertainment.jpg

How do the AT&T Wireless accounts play into this?

One WatchTV account can be added to an AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM or AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium wireless plan for no extra charge. If you have one of these eligible wireless plans, start using WatchTV by verifying your AT&T phone number and creating an account. Then, download the WatchTV app and dive into your entertainment. Each WatchTV account can stream on one device at a time.

• Note, with AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium you have the option to get one of the following Premiums added to your account as well: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Pandora, Amazon Music, or VRV.
  • To learn how to add these, go to the WatchTV FAQs and check out the “How do I sign up for premium platforms included with the AT&T &MoreSM Premium plan?”

Note: At the moment, one WatchTV account can only be tied to one Wireless account. So, you may only stream on one device at a time – regardless of how many lines are on the unlimited account.

Want to upgrade your Wireless account? Select Manage my plan under the ‘My wireless’ section.

Supported Devices for WatchTV

• CHROME: Chrome 58+
  • SAFARI: Safari 10+
  • APPLE: iPhone (iOS 10+), iPad (iOS 10+), iPod Touch (iOS 10+)
  • ANDROID: Android phones (5.0 and higher), Android tablets (5.0 and higher)
  • APPLE TV: Apple TV (4th Generation), Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
  • GOOGLE CHROMECAST: Chromecast Built-in TV, Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)
  • AMAZON FIRE TV: Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 68
Contributor

Re: Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Thier URL is broken.. ive watched it quickly show ERROR in the url when going to the verify page, which then quickly changes to where it give me a code to text. There is no page that asks for my number, and if i do try to text the code nothing happens... 

and AT&T chat support is useless.

Message 46 of 68
ACE - Expert

@midnight372 wrote:

Thier URL is broken.. ive watched it quickly show ERROR in the url when going to the verify page, which then quickly changes to where it give me a code to text. There is no page that asks for my number, and if i do try to text the code nothing happens... 

and AT&T chat support is useless.

If your seeing what I just saw its because you are not on the new unlimited plan and if you are there is something really wrong.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 68
Contributor

I am on the new unlimited plan, if i go into my account ive seen notifications saying you can now enjoy free tv.. ive also recieved emails as well, and to verify i looked at my plan details and confirmed its included. Same thing happened when i went to try and get free HBO from directTV (validation link does the same thing....) again, im never prompted to enter in a phone number or anything when going to the links. Ive been trying since saturday and still result from different devices.

2018-07-30_15-39-10.pngClicking on Verify Link2018-07-30_15-40-19.pngQuick Error in URL before redirect

Message 48 of 68
Contributor

I've given up trying to get any "free premium" service working. Amazon Music Unlimited fails. Pandora Premium fails. AT&T live chat support is useless. Twitter-based support is useless. I spent probably 5-6 hours of my time interacting with multiple support reps, all of which promise to help and never do. I'm a month into it at this point and I've decided to just give up because every single support person is incompetent. I could have bought the Amazon Music subscription outright for several years with the money I've lost (based on time spent) trying to get AT&T to fix this. They kept insisting on talking to me live on the phone about it, asking me all the same questions the previous reps asked. Single worst customer support service ever, no exaggeration.

Message 49 of 68
Contributor

When will the app be available on Roku?

Message 50 of 68
Tutor

Supported Devices for WatchTV

• CHROME: Chrome 58+
  • SAFARI: Safari 10+
  • APPLE: iPhone (iOS 10+), iPad (iOS 10+), iPod Touch (iOS 10+)
  • ANDROID: Android phones (5.0 and higher), Android tablets (5.0 and higher)
  • APPLE TV: Apple TV (4th Generation), Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
  • GOOGLE CHROMECAST: Chromecast Built-in TV, Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)
  • AMAZON FIRE TV: Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

Exactly how does it work via Chromecast Built-in TV?  I have one and it does not work.  Exactly how does it work via Chromecast (2nd Generation or higher)?  I have one and it does not work.  Exactly how does it work via Chrome 58+?  Rhetorical.  

I have not pleased.  Not as advertised.  Endless advertisements on the AT&T web site indicating WatechTV works with endless devices (including Roku).  Now Roku is off the list and the services does not work with what is left on the list.  The service work only via the Android phone and I have no interest in watching TV on a phone. 

Attempting to address the issue via WatchTV support results in a redirect to the AT&T site and a login to the AT&T site, not the WatchTV site.  

Message 51 of 68
Teacher

I gave up a while back on this mess. ATT is too big and bloated to be nimble enough to properly roll out and market anything now. 

Message 52 of 68
Contributor

Unable to contact anyone regarding the WATCHTV SERVICE:

I cancelled WATCH TV on August 2018 TV) by removing the app, and after fruitless searching, contacting AT&T via phone. The Wireless TV department assured me that it was removed from my account.  I was unable to cancel it using my WatchTV App, because it suddenly stopped working on both of my Samsung tablets. Yet Watch TV is STILL deducting $15 from my back account. This amounts to THEFT.

Since It is impossible to contact anyone verbally or via email regarding WatchTV, I have had no choice but to have my bank refuse any Watch TV deductions from my bank account. Let this stand as my notice.

Message 53 of 68
Contributor

Still no abc, cbs,nbc y’all beat your customers out of their money you sell tv survive Drtv now and cannot supply the major networks  

Message 54 of 68
Tutor

How do you add channels to this thing?  Or do I need to go to DIRECTV NOW so I can add premium channels.

Message 55 of 68
Tutor

When will ATTWatchTV be on ROKU

I have been asking this question for weeks.   Good luck finding out anything!   AT&T customer service is lousy regarding this topic! 

Message 56 of 68
Tutor

Will someone from AT&T please reply with something besides "we're working on it"

When will AT&T WatchTV be available on the ROKU??????????????

Message 57 of 68
ACE - Expert

Re: When will ATTWatchTV be on ROKU

@gbwilco wrote:

I have been asking this question for weeks.   Good luck finding out anything!   AT&T customer service is lousy regarding this topic! 

No customer service rep is going to know that question.  It took them 10 months to get it done for DTVnow so you could be looking at the window or longer.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 58 of 68
Tutor

I have the premium unlimited & More plan and when I go to verify to select Showtime I am then informed that I do not have the plan that I stated. I have been on the chat, I have gone in the store, I have been on the phone, while in the store ATT reps have been on the chat trying to help resolve this issue. I am very upset that I have a service that I am told I can add a premium service to because my plan is eligible and I can not. Very frustrated. Getting ready to leave AT&T.

Message 59 of 68
Teacher

Have been unable to cancel AT&T Watch TV as it loops on login, no AT&T department seems able to help, keep getting caught in call being passed from one department to another, disconnected, etc. It is also noteworthy that this is an AT&T forum and no one from AT&T has addressed the issue here on the board. To additionally document the cancellation request, I'm sending an email listing previous cancellation efforts and the request for cancellation to ATTcustomercare@att.com. Also, calling ATT Resolution line 844.591.4869, At&T headquarters 210.821.4105 and document operator name and number . Definitely make bank aware of efforts, keep records of all attempts to cancel so if there is a billing/credit issue, there is documentation for a dispute. Additional suggestions are appreciated.

Message 60 of 68
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support