Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Community Support

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

AT&T Debuts “WatchTV” With 2 New Unlimited Wireless Plans – and here’s what you need to know:

WatchTV Logo.jpg

What’s WatchTV?

WatchTV is our new streaming app that gives you 30+ live TV channels (channel list in the solution below), including 15,000+ on-demand titles. WatchTV can be purchased by itself for $15 a month. Simply download the app from your respective app stores, and dive into your entertainment.

1. Go to www.attwatchtv.com
  2. Click the “Start your free trial” button
  3. Create an account by entering a valid email address and password and setting up your User ID
  4. Follow the instructions and enter your payment information. After the 7-day free trial, you’ll automatically be charged $15 a month until you cancel.

Note: At the moment, you may only stream on one device at a time.

Endless_Entertainment.jpg

How do the AT&T Wireless accounts play into this?

One WatchTV account can be added to an AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM or AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium wireless plan for no extra charge. If you have one of these eligible wireless plans, start using WatchTV by verifying your AT&T phone number and creating an account. Then, download the WatchTV app and dive into your entertainment. Each WatchTV account can stream on one device at a time.

• Note, with AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium you have the option to get one of the following Premiums added to your account as well: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Pandora, Amazon Music, or VRV.
  • To learn how to add these, go to the WatchTV FAQs and check out the “How do I sign up for premium platforms included with the AT&T &MoreSM Premium plan?”

Note: At the moment, one WatchTV account can only be tied to one Wireless account. So, you may only stream on one device at a time – regardless of how many lines are on the unlimited account.

Want to upgrade your Wireless account? Select Manage my plan under the ‘My wireless’ section.

Supported Devices for WatchTV

• CHROME: Chrome 58+
  • SAFARI: Safari 10+
  • APPLE: iPhone (iOS 10+), iPad (iOS 10+), iPod Touch (iOS 10+)
  • ANDROID: Android phones (5.0 and higher), Android tablets (5.0 and higher)
  • APPLE TV: Apple TV (4th Generation), Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
  • GOOGLE CHROMECAST: Chromecast Built-in TV, Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)
  • AMAZON FIRE TV: Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 69
Contributor

Re: Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

So let me get this straight, I have five lines and I can only stream one device at a time! Who came up with this crap and why did you think to use it as a selling point for a unlimited family plan. That is pure stupidity and false advertisement. I sure didnt see that in the small print. If I had I definitely would not have changed my plan. THIS IS USELESS!  I  have been with ATT since 2008 but I might be looking into a new carrier as others have unlimited plans as well so it isnt like you re offering anything new or innovative.

Message 61 of 69
Contributor

Yes, this is true. I wasted 4 hours today switching from my old ATT plan to the new unlimited premium plan only to find out that only 1or 4 phones could watch anything at the same time, AND only one account can access the "free" add-on. The customer service rep actually told me that if I wanted my  kids to be able to listen to Pandora premium I needed to give them my account info. Seriously? They wanted me to give them my att account number!

Message 62 of 69
Contributor

I upgraded my plan on 12/6/18, went through the attwatchtv.com/verify process.  It recognizes my number, then prompts me to play.  I kept doing it and finally it seemed to work.  But when I logged a few hours afterward back to square one.  Contacted the ATT WatchTV support was told 24 hours, called Dec 18 was told max 48 hours, rest assured it would be fixed, called again after the 48 hours still no go, was assured they would fix it.  They also changed my password to the ATTWATCHTV account, without my consent, I got the email message where they did it.  So obviously this is still and issue, I am paying for this service, it is part of the package, tomorrow I am calling and getting a refund on part of the package as long as I can not stream watch tv I'm NOT paying the full price.  I've been with you guys for decades, I can easily go elsewhere.  

Message 63 of 69
Contributor

I am completely unable to login to Watch TV.  I have run through the forgot username and password only to be told after I request them and reset the password that it’s not correct.  I have checked to make sure I qualify for the service and it says yes, yet I still cannot login.   I see many others have this issue and yet I still have yet to find a solution.  HELP!!

Message 64 of 69
Tutor

This attwatch TV has been a nightmare from the beginning. I have chatted with at least 4 people online, insisted that a supervisor calls me and no resolution. they all speak the same words and all tell me to wait "5-7 business days"

Its now week 5 and i still can't access amazon unlimited music. Was escalate to a higher supervisor and guess what he told me ?................wait for it.............i assure you that this will be fixed in 5-7 business days.

How can a company like ATT have that poor level of customer support?

Message 65 of 69
Tutor

Same here. i have been with ATT for 12 years and have never witnessed such horrendous support.

i was told that my account would be deleted and I would have to sign back up. Account never got deleted. I can watch the TV but cannot access amazon unlimited. It worked for 3 days initially then stopped working.

Message 66 of 69
Contributor

You tell me to text 2883 pairs so I did but since 2883 is not a valid phone number it goes nowhere!!

Message 67 of 69
Contributor

I cannot text anything to 2883, to verify my phone numbers how bout you get someone on the phone to speak and help me set this watch tv up, have Hulu already are you better? 

Message 68 of 69
Contributor

This sounds great and all as a solution but can you please help me. This does not work. I have been trying for 2 months now. Ive been on the phone with att on chats and tried emailing but never get a response. Please help

Message 69 of 69
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support