Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Community Support

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

AT&T Debuts “WatchTV” With 2 New Unlimited Wireless Plans – and here’s what you need to know:

WatchTV Logo.jpg

What’s WatchTV?

WatchTV is our new streaming app that gives you 30+ live TV channels (channel list in the solution below), including 15,000+ on-demand titles. WatchTV can be purchased by itself for $15 a month. Simply download the app from your respective app stores, and dive into your entertainment.

1. Go to www.attwatchtv.com
  2. Click the “Start your free trial” button
  3. Create an account by entering a valid email address and password and setting up your User ID
  4. Follow the instructions and enter your payment information. After the 7-day free trial, you’ll automatically be charged $15 a month until you cancel.

Note: At the moment, you may only stream on one device at a time.

Endless_Entertainment.jpg

How do the AT&T Wireless accounts play into this?

One WatchTV account can be added to an AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM or AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium wireless plan for no extra charge. If you have one of these eligible wireless plans, start using WatchTV by verifying your AT&T phone number and creating an account. Then, download the WatchTV app and dive into your entertainment. Each WatchTV account can stream on one device at a time.

• Note, with AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium you have the option to get one of the following Premiums added to your account as well: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Pandora, Amazon Music, or VRV.
  • To learn how to add these, go to the WatchTV FAQs and check out the “How do I sign up for premium platforms included with the AT&T &MoreSM Premium plan?”

Note: At the moment, one WatchTV account can only be tied to one Wireless account. So, you may only stream on one device at a time – regardless of how many lines are on the unlimited account.

Want to upgrade your Wireless account? Select Manage my plan under the ‘My wireless’ section.

Supported Devices for WatchTV

• CHROME: Chrome 58+
  • SAFARI: Safari 10+
  • APPLE: iPhone (iOS 10+), iPad (iOS 10+), iPod Touch (iOS 10+)
  • ANDROID: Android phones (5.0 and higher), Android tablets (5.0 and higher)
  • APPLE TV: Apple TV (4th Generation), Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
  • GOOGLE CHROMECAST: Chromecast Built-in TV, Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)
  • AMAZON FIRE TV: Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 69
Scholar

Re: Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Here's one more thing to know about AT&T WatchTV - it doesn't work for people with the Unlimited & More Premium Plan.

Message 31 of 69
Contributor

Can I cast to my ROKU TV?

Message 32 of 69
Scholar

and...some people can't verify their Unlimited & More Premium plans for free WatchTV access...there's that...

Message 33 of 69
ACE - Expert

@nipulc wrote:

and...some people can't verify their Unlimited & More Premium plans for free WatchTV access...there's that...

Yes, hopping on a service when it's brand new can lead to having to deal with some of the bugs of that new process.

As you haven't offered any more info than yesterday, it's hard to make a suggestion.

What exactly have you tried? And it what way did it not work?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 69
Tutor

Can I get Data Free TV using AT&T Watch on my AT&T Prepaid phone?

Message 35 of 69
Scholar

I switched my wireless plan to the Unlimited & More Premium Plan on 6/30.

Since then I've been trying to verify my phone number to get access to WatchTV (and HBO - my premium option). 

Hasn't worked since.

P.S. even if something's new, I'd expect to at least be able to access the service. To release a new service that just plain does not work is inexcusable. At the same time, at least have your chat agents (which is the only way to get support for WatchTV) better trained on the types of issues they may encounter. I literally had one Chat agent forward me to the DirectTV support line (which has nothing to do with WatchTV).

Message 36 of 69
ACE - Expert

@nipulc wrote:

I switched my wireless plan to the Unlimited & More Premium Plan on 6/30.

Since then I've been trying to verify my phone number to get access to WatchTV (and HBO - my premium option). 

Hasn't worked since.

"What exactly have you tried?"

• What page are you activating on?
  • What message is it giving you?  Fail? Success?

P.S. even if something's new, I'd expect to at least be able to access the service. To release a new service that just plain does not work is inexcusable. At the same time, at least have your chat agents (which is the only way to get support for WatchTV) better trained on the types of issues they may encounter. I literally had one Chat agent forward me to the DirectTV support line (which has nothing to do with WatchTV).

Yes, that's a good idea, but...

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 37 of 69
Community Support

@chris7223 wrote:

Can I get Data Free TV using AT&T Watch on my AT&T Prepaid phone?

If you’re on an AT&T postpaid data plan or eligible prepaid data plan, streaming the WatchTV app over the AT&T wireless network will be data-free* and not count against your allotted data, including congestion management. Learn more about Data-Free TV.

Need more help? Search through the DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Get diy help with your account, device setup, and streaming with DIRECTV NOW eSupport or contact us 24/7 on chat. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @directvnowhelp!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 38 of 69
Tutor

Re: Here's what to know about AT

Your link does not work. Simple question; does Watch TV count against data
on GoPhone?
Message 39 of 69
ACE - Expert

Re: Here's what to know about AT

@chris7223 wrote:
Your link does not work. Simple question; does Watch TV count against data
on GoPhone?

The page they linked at https://www.attwatchtv.com/data say POSTpaid.

Not saying prepaid doesn't count, just saying the page specifies POSTpaid.

Message 40 of 69
Tutor

ATT needs to add a basic DVR feature, even something like 3 hours of record time.  And of course let you stream multiple devices!!!

Otherwise WatchTV is mostly useless.  

T-mobile is offering free Netflix and their prices include taxes and fees ($25/month on my bill). FYI.  

Message 41 of 69
Teacher

Nice to see I'm not the only one now avoiding this abysmal fail. I'll use my ATT unlimited data with other streaming apps that benefit me.

Message 42 of 69
Employee

I changed to the Unlimited & More Premium about 2 weeks ago and still can't get past the http://www.attwatchtv.com/verify process,  I send a text, as requested, but get told I do not have an unlimited plan.  I confirmed my plan was changed but had to wait 3 days before signing up.  After 3 days I had the same issue.  I contacted WatchTV via the link on their website and was told my primary number was no longer primary and some California number was ( no idea how or why that would even happen).  They allegedly corrected it and said it would be another 3 days before I could sign up.  After 3 days, I still had the same issue,  I contacted them again and was told I needed to have all my accounts under one access log in. I told them I have always had that but they replied I was not.  The allegedly corrected that and said it would take another 3 days.  I waited, same issue...  I contacted them yet again and was told my account was not coded correctly for free WatchTV.  They allegedly corrected THAT and said it would yet another 8 days.  I tried again today to verify my number and there is no response after I send the requested text message.  I called AT&T Mobility and now I'm told that WatchTV is not allowed for no cost to EMO accounts, even though the email we received states it is.  Why can I not get this fixed??

Message 43 of 69
Teacher

Agreed that this roll-out was a complete fail. The bigger problem is that the upper ATT management is far too focused on expansion and buying other businesses right now. When this happens, we always see the customer lose. 
The best plan of attack for an ATT customer is simply to avoid any products that are too hard to use or sign up for. Enjoy your unlimited data, but use non-ATT streaming services that are already in place that work well. I gave WatchTV a shot and they failed. I went elsewhere. Life is too short to waste your valuable time at the whim of an over-paid executive.

Message 44 of 69
Teacher

Also WatchTV and HBO doesn’t work even for Unlimited and More Premium customers

many of us are unable to verify our number— so the Unlimited and More Premium Plan is a sham!!!

Message 45 of 69
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support