Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Highlighted
Community Support

Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

AT&T Debuts “WatchTV” With 2 New Unlimited Wireless Plans – and here’s what you need to know:

WatchTV Logo.jpg

What’s WatchTV?

WatchTV is our new streaming app that gives you 30+ live TV channels (channel list in the solution below), including 15,000+ on-demand titles. WatchTV can be purchased by itself for $15 a month. Simply download the app from your respective app stores, and dive into your entertainment.

1. Go to www.attwatchtv.com
  2. Click the “Start your free trial” button
  3. Create an account by entering a valid email address and password and setting up your User ID
  4. Follow the instructions and enter your payment information. After the 7-day free trial, you’ll automatically be charged $15 a month until you cancel.

Note: At the moment, you may only stream on one device at a time.

Endless_Entertainment.jpg

How do the AT&T Wireless accounts play into this?

One WatchTV account can be added to an AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM or AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium wireless plan for no extra charge. If you have one of these eligible wireless plans, start using WatchTV by verifying your AT&T phone number and creating an account. Then, download the WatchTV app and dive into your entertainment. Each WatchTV account can stream on one device at a time.

• Note, with AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium you have the option to get one of the following Premiums added to your account as well: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Pandora, Amazon Music, or VRV.
  • To learn how to add these, go to the WatchTV FAQs and check out the “How do I sign up for premium platforms included with the AT&T &MoreSM Premium plan?”

Note: At the moment, one WatchTV account can only be tied to one Wireless account. So, you may only stream on one device at a time – regardless of how many lines are on the unlimited account.

Want to upgrade your Wireless account? Select Manage my plan under the ‘My wireless’ section.

Supported Devices for WatchTV

• CHROME: Chrome 58+
  • SAFARI: Safari 10+
  • APPLE: iPhone (iOS 10+), iPad (iOS 10+), iPod Touch (iOS 10+)
  • ANDROID: Android phones (5.0 and higher), Android tablets (5.0 and higher)
  • APPLE TV: Apple TV (4th Generation), Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
  • GOOGLE CHROMECAST: Chromecast Built-in TV, Chromecast (2nd Generation and higher)
  • AMAZON FIRE TV: Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation or higher), Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV (2nd Generation or higher)

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 60
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎06-28-2018 9:05 AM

Re: Here's what to know about AT&T WatchTV and our two new unlimited plans

Learn more about this in our WatchTV FAQs and AT&T New Unlimited Plans.

--

WatchTV features these 30+ Live Channels

A&E
AMC
ANIMAL PLANET
AUDIENCE
BBC AMERICA
BBC WORLD NEWS
BOOMERANG
CARTOON NETWORK
CNN
DISCOVERY
Food Network
FYI
HALLMARK
HALLMARK M&M
HGTV
HELLO LABS
HISTORY
HLN
IFC
INVES DISC
LIFETIME
LIFETIME MOVIES
OWN
SUNDANCE
TAYLOR SWIFT NOW
TBS
TCM
TLC
TNT
TRUTV
VELOCITY
VICELAND
WeTV

Local channels and regional sports networks are not included with WatchTV at this time. All channels, programming and content are subject to change, and may be modified or discontinued without notice.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 60
Teacher

Are you guys serious? So on a 6 line plan i was planning to move over from Tmobile.... only one person can watch your watchtv stream? That’s the biggest load of CRAP i have ever heard of, NO THANK YOU!!!

Message 3 of 60
Tutor

No way, so if my daughter is at her softball practice and my son is at home they both can’t stream watchtv at the same time? What’s the point of even offering this on a family plan?

Message 4 of 60
Teacher

Where's the Roku app?

Message 5 of 60
Contributor

Does anyone know if you will be able to sign into apps (like AMC etc) to sign into their on demand content?  Similar to how the DirecTV Now service works..

Message 6 of 60
Community Support

@PhotogDale wrote:

Does anyone know if you will be able to sign into apps (like AMC etc) to sign into their on demand content?  Similar to how the DirecTV Now service works..

Hey @PhotogDale, for the WatchTV app, you are not able to use your credentials to sign in to other network apps and sites. However, WatchTV does come with on-demand titles as well as 72-hour rewind for select programs. 

AT&T Customer Care

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 60
Community Support

@Miadlor wrote:

Where's the Roku app?

@Miadlor, at this time, Roku is not a supported device for the WatchTV app. Any changes will be shared on our WatchTV Home Page.

Currently supported devices:

Capture.PNG

AT&T Customer Care

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 60
Community Support

@DafFDDD @Angela829

At the moment, you may only stream WatchTV on one device at a time. But, with the new Unlimited &More and Unlimited &More Premium plans you could be eligible for discounts on DIRECTV NOW which allows you to have up to 3 concurrent streams and additional features. Check out AT&T Unlimited &More for more information on the plans. Also check out these DIRECTV NOW features to find out what works best for you.

AT&T Customer Care

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 60
Contributor

Watch on only one device at one time? Really come on I have 3 lines on my plan. So if any one of us is watching the app, the other two can’t? Also it’s not supposed on the Edge browser on Windows 10? I have to download and use Chrome? Wish I would have known this before changing my plan, back to my other streaming apps that support ALL platforms. 

Message 10 of 60
Teacher

Where is the on demand content?  i just have about 200 "best of" selections on WatchTV.  Where are the other 15000 titles?

Message 11 of 60
ACE - Professor

Roku is not supported, where can I find a list of devices that are supported? Is outputting to HDMI supported? How about casting and mirroring to a big screen TV?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 60
Contributor

I currently have an unlimited premium plan with HBO GO. Would I lose the HBO GO if I switch?

Message 13 of 60
Tutor

These new unlimited plans are completely worthless (and downgrades) for existing unlimited and DTVN subscribers. With the new Unlimited&More plan, you lose free HBO in favor of WatchTV. Umm, hello? If I already have DTVN, why on earth would I want or need the redundant WatchTV service, especially if it means now having to pay extra for something that was previously included (i.e. HBO)? And to top it off, the new plan is $5 more a month than its predecessor Unlimited Choice plan (plus the additional $5 a month you now have to pay to keep HBO through DTVN). Essentially, you are now more paying more for less (or equivalent to the previous offering). And I can't help but shake my head at all the "WatchTV is FREE for AT&T unlimited customers." Who are kidding? It's not free! Customers are paying for it in the form of increased plan pricing and loss of other benefits. Bravo AT&T.

Message 14 of 60
Contributor

So when will it be on Roku? I don't want a 'sometime in the future' answer, I want to know that I will be able to use this service. Otherwise it's just a useless 'bonus' to the plan. If I can't use it on any device, than what is the point of it?

Message 15 of 60
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support